Official 2023 FIBA Basketball World Cup Thread (August 25 - September 10)

WHO WINS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
See y'all in Pariiiiiissss :blessed:

wwe-in-your-house-16-canadian-stampede

Last edited:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
It's gonna be a struggle to get the best guys for the World Cup because FIBA is a bozo organization.

Before, it was always two years before/after the Olympics. Easier to get commitments when guys don't have to play back-to-back summers. For some reason, FIBA changed the WC to the year before Olympics. It was a dumbass decision that didn't just affect the US.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's gonna be a struggle to get the best guys for the World Cup because FIBA is a bozo organization.

Before, it was always two years before/after the Olympics. Easier to get commitments when guys don't have to play back-to-back summers. For some reason, FIBA changed the WC to the year before Olympics. It was a dumbass decision that didn't just affect the US.

They changed it because they didn’t want to have it the same year with the men’s FIFA Cup

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
100% agree but it is what it is

I do think Tatum is willing to help carry the torch tho, he already went twice and has said he’s playing in 2024
Tatum stunk it up in the finals . I can only imagine how bad he would be in a close gold medal game with the world watching.

also idk if it says more about the new gen of NBA stars or more about NBA fans but i see tons of people on twitter/X clamoring for Bron KD in the olympics next year. smh

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
They changed it because they didn’t want to have it the same year with the men’s FIFA Cup
Soccer? That's usually June-July; this is August-September. Two different times and two different fan bases.

Plus, in 2022, it was in fukking Qatar so they ran it November-December.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Tatum stunk it up in the finals . I can only imagine how bad he would be in a close gold medal game with the world watching.

also idk if it says more about the new gen of NBA stars or more about NBA fans but i see tons of people on twitter/X clamoring for Bron KD in the olympics next year. smh

You might want to go back and watch the gold medal game from the last Olympics because KD & Tatum were the ones who brought it up home for the U.S. :dahell:

It’s not surprising to see people still calling for them because they’re both still capable of playing at an elite level and proven playing on the world stage

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
You might want to go back and watch the gold medal game from the last Olympics because KD & Tatum were the ones who brought it up home for the U.S. :dahell:

It’s not surprising to see people still calling for them because they’re both still capable of playing at an elite level and proven playing on the world stage
KD will be in like year 18. The man got injured during warm-ups. He was in the 2010 games. He's no spring chicken And it's time to admit he's not the same player

Last edited:

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
i dont expect bron to be in it.. but maybe kd.. if kd. curry. Ad is in in usa will cruise