Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Wonder if Houston emergence would effect how they go forward. Anderson and Houston in a 3-4 would be a problem. And Hutch is much better standing up. Paschal and R Okwara would be good DE in 3-4
:jbhmm:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Wonder if Houston emergence would effect how they go forward. Anderson and Houston in a 3-4 would be a problem. And Hutch is much better standing up. Paschal and R Okwara would be good DE in 3-4
Will be interesting to see what they do. While I’m sure they drafted Houston due to his potential I don’t think anyone thought he’d be stacking sacks like this game after game. If he can keep getting better it may result in Romeo getting cut next season. I won’t judge Romeo for at least a couple more games BTW, we will see.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Did they run 3-4 in New Orleans? Serious question, I can’t recall.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Campbell is a pure meathead but he's got something cooking in Detroit.

Do you think Goff is the long term solution at QB? I think he's proven that if you have the right parts around him he can be successful. Don't know if you wanna draft a guy high with a first

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Thoughts on DJ Chark and Jamaal Williams next season? I think we bring back Williams due to the RB uncertainty. It'll probably be Swift's last season, I doubt we pick up his 5th year option. I assume we'll draft an RB, who will split reps. And then the year after that it would be that draft pick as #1, Williams, as your vet, and then whoever else.

Chark....ehhh. My mind says keep him but if Jamo is who you think he is, pairing him and Chark on the outside with St Brown in the slot makes sense. Josh Reynolds would be the #4, and maybe we take another receiver late in the draft to develop. This plan depends on what Chark will take though. If he plays for the rest of the season and balls out as he's been lately, maybe you give him a modest deal. Or maybe he wants something bigger and leaves.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Thoughts on DJ Chark and Jamaal Williams next season? I think we bring back Williams due to the RB uncertainty. It'll probably be Swift's last season, I doubt we pick up his 5th year option. I assume we'll draft an RB, who will split reps. And then the year after that it would be that draft pick as #1, Williams, as your vet, and then whoever else.

Chark....ehhh. My mind says keep him but if Jamo is who you think he is, pairing him and Chark on the outside with St Brown in the slot makes sense. Josh Reynolds would be the #4, and maybe we take another receiver late in the draft to develop. This plan depends on what Chark will take though. If he plays for the rest of the season and balls out as he's been lately, maybe you give him a modest deal. Or maybe he wants something bigger and leaves.
Chark's still missed quite a few games and had a really slow start. I'd like to bring him back but wouldn't give him big money. They'd be fine without him.

Williams is a great locker room guy and reliable bruiser in the backfield. He isn't great but you can count on him to be in the lineup and pick up tough yards. That's a guy you bring back for a couple more years right now. They still need a true #1. I wish Swift was that guy but he always gets hurt when they give him a lot of touches. It's clear they don't trust him in a full-time role.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
Chark's still missed quite a few games and had a really slow start. I'd like to bring him back but wouldn't give him big money. They'd be fine without him.

Williams is a great locker room guy and reliable bruiser in the backfield. He isn't great but you can count on him to be in the lineup and pick up tough yards. That's a guy you bring back for a couple more years right now. They still need a true #1. I wish Swift was that guy but he always gets hurt when they give him a lot of touches. It's clear they don't trust him in a full-time role.
My exact thoughts. Williams has pretty much become huge in helping to reestablish a major culture change in the locker room. I don't want to see him go just cause they think they can pay a mil or 2 less for somebody else. Young Teams need guys like him around, especially during those times they were going 1-6. To come out of that and still feel like your a team that can beat anyone they face does take, dare I say it, grit. Dan Campbell and the gang got these nikkas on some real Major league Cleveland Indians, Bad News Bears type of shyt and I actually love it

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

:whoo:

Just amazing. He needs more snaps. We’re building towards the type of dominant d-line you see from elite teams where they have 7-9 guys in rotation at tackle and edge, all making plays. Hutch, McNeill, Buggs, Cominsky, Paschal, Houston are foundational pieces for this. I’d be fine with letting Romeo walk after the season unless he’s just amazing in the final games. We all generally assume the Rams pick will go towards the d-line with Will Anderson or Jalen Carter hopefully. Or somebody like Myles Murphy. If Levi comes back healthy he could be in the mix too, if not Brad Holmes will find someone else in the draft. That gets you right where you need to be for a great d-line.