Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

I assume they didn't want to overload the rookie, and Gibbs' snaps will go up next game. They have to, he's too dynamic not to play.

Defense wise I need more James Houston snaps man. That QB hit/wrestling move he had on Mahomes' leg was amazing.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Matt left and won a SB, the fukk u on about?
I think winning a Super Bowl with the Lions means more. The Rams had the greatest show on turf era. The Lions have pretty much never been shyt in the modern NFL era.

To me winning a Super Bowl on a team like the Lions who he would have been a historic hero for and played his whole career up to that point would be more prestigious. Also The Rams look like they’ve collapsed since that SB.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think winning a Super Bowl with the Lions means more. The Rams had the greatest show on turf era. The Lions have pretty much never been shyt in the modern NFL era.

To me winning a Super Bowl on a team like the Lions who he would have been a historic hero for and played his whole career up to that point would be more prestigious. Also The Rams look like they’ve collapsed since that SB.
People still ride for dude like he's some historic hero anyway. Detroit Rams :mjlol: :scust:. He gets to live in LA and got a ring and another big deal and had the media hanging from his nuts until the bottom fell out last year. What you laid out is only a big deal to us.

Dem313wayz

Superstar
Daps

It was time to move on. The Lions wasted his prime with awful drafts bad GMs and average coaching.

The trade propelled us to have the draft picks to accumulate the young talent we have now.

That was the Rams last year to win the championship and Stafford got it done

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI

I assume they didn't want to overload the rookie, and Gibbs' snaps will go up next game. They have to, he's too dynamic not to play.

Defense wise I need more James Houston snaps man. That QB hit/wrestling move he had on Mahomes' leg was amazing.

Was not expecting Tracy Walker to not even be in rotation going into season.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

Film breakdowns for Gibbs, Hutchinson, LaPorta, Campbell, and Branch. I love this guy's vids, super detailed.

Four rookies playing high level ball in their first game. And Hutchinson looks like he could get 12+ sacks this year. He looks greatly improved from last year, it's scary.

The depth on defense is insane. Will be interesting to see how they juggle snaps depending on the team. I'd imagine Buggs and the rookie Brodric Martin will be active next week since Seattle is such a run heavy team compared to KC.

Offense wise I hope the rookie Antoine Green gets some snaps. Lets see what he can do. We need speed. I'm not sure Marvin Jones will have much impact this year...

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
It was time to move on. The Lions wasted his prime with awful drafts bad GMs and average coaching.

The trade propelled us to have the draft picks to accumulate the young talent we have now.

That was the Rams last year to win the championship and Stafford got it done

It’s a trade both teams won, I was thinking the same with the lions viking trade last year but, naw we won that too

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Bears looked bad, really bad. It's early and perhaps my prediction that they'll win 7-9 games (similar to my views on the Lions last year) will come true. But man, Fields looked bad. Couple nice throws but you can tell he's not scanning the field well and the coaches don't trust him. They don't have the RBs to batter anyone either (although I think Roschon Johnson will be good).

Another interesting vid. I didn't notice Rodrigo lining up opposite the center during the game lol. While the Buggs inactive thing has allegedly been chalked up to him being out of shape, I think a bigger thing is what's touched on in the vid: guys are going to be cycled in/out based on the teams we play. I expect Buggs and/or Martin to be active against Seattle, who will run the ball more than KC. Finally we have a Niners type staple of d-lineman who can rotate and stay fresh. Some of the plays Paschal made last night prob don't happen if he's playing 40 snaps and is tired.

Brings up another thing: media people in Detroit complain that Brad Holmes doesn't answer questions fully but that man constantly tells you exactly what he's thinking. Last year before the draft, Holmes said he liked Buggs but felt he was playing too many snaps, so they needed more d-line depth. And then he went out and drafted Brodric Martin, we kept Benito, and Levi showed up. Speaking of Levi, in that same pre-draft interview Holmes said he saw him at the facility near daily working out. And lo and behold the man is seemingly healthy. He had a nice QB hit on Mahomes, played 22 snaps. We finally have the bodies to make this shyt work, and it's really going to pay off in November/December when we've still got guys who are fresh/healthy.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Hype tax killing

seats that was 230 now go for 350

B2-E15-C30-16-D0-4-B4-D-9-D54-3-F769891695-A.png

Last edited: