Official 2020 South Carolina Primary Thread: Joe Biden wins in blowout!

Who wins the Democrat primary in SC?

• Joe Biden

Votes: 34 35.4%
  • Bernie

Votes: 57 59.4%
  • Warren

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Steyer

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Mayor Pete

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Amy Kloubacher

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Here's the complicated thing

Bloomberg has been in Super Tuesday states for the last 3 months and has carpet bombed the country in ads.

Biden hasn't campaigned or devoted resources anywhere beyond SC and initially the early states.

But with Steyer's poor showing, perhaps money and people in the ground don't matter as much to a certain extent. Especially AL, AR, TN which Biden should win. Bernie has juice in NC and VA.
The one point made about Bloomberg’s buys was just running Joe ads in their place - if he dropped tonight. I don’t expect it, Bloomberg is gonna wait to see how he does, but it wouldn’t be that complicated to pivot his current ad buys

Eternal Tecate

Superstar
Daps
South Carolina is weird because 70% of the population is white and most of the whites vote Republican.

Then among democratic voters, black people make up 60% of the population. But most of those people are church style conservative.

The other deep red states shake out the same way

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Black people love BIden.:russell: Let's see how does Super Tuesday.
Man I’ll be honest, he’s a goofy fukk and lies about some dumb stuff, but I don’t dislike Biden. He just doesn’t seem to be all there and even if he was, there are better candidates. I dunno. It’s not surprising. Just a little annoying.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
South Carolina is weird because 70% of the population is white and most of the whites vote Republican.

Then among democratic voters, black people make up 60% of the population. But most of those people are church style conservative.

The other deep red states shake out the same way
I was about to say, SC is solid red from what I remember....

Heck they have blacks senator, but he's a conservative :mjpls:

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Well at least we're consistent in giving our vote away for symbolism and yesteryear. :francis:

I wouldn’t overreact to this. SC is very conservative, as is most of the south. The Black numbers were much closer in Nevada, and will be closer in the Midwest and in the East. Biden probably will still win the Black vote almost everywhere because of the Obama connection, but it will be much closer in other states. Bernie might even win the Black vote in a few states.