Official 2020 South Carolina Primary Thread: Joe Biden wins in blowout!

Who wins the Democrat primary in SC?

• Joe Biden

Votes: 34 35.4%
  • Bernie

Votes: 57 59.4%
  • Warren

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Steyer

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Mayor Pete

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Amy Kloubacher

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This shouldn’t be surprising. SC is an extremely conservative state. People were fooling themselves thinking Bernie was going to win this state. But the media is overreacting to this win. SC is a state that no Dem is winning in a general election. Plus the Black people in SC are more conservative than the average Black person. Biden will probably sweep the South including NC on Super Tuesday.

Last edited:

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Biden got his first primary win ever and y’all feeling yourselves.

Aite. Cool. LEGGO :mjgrin:

I honestly thought Bernie would keep it within 5-10. Dunno this level of a win got me rethinking the rest of the south and maybe Texas.

still think bern gonna be more competitive with the more Latino states. He gonna eat in Cali too.

Actually6Foot3

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BKNY
How can you vote for Biden after hearing him speak? The guy doesn't seem all the way there, no disrespect.
I swear he has early stage dementia. Thankfully he hasn’t campaigned in any Super Tuesday states in over a month and S.C. isn’t that big of a state in terms of delegates.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
I honestly thought Bernie would keep it within 5-10. Dunno this level of a win got me rethinking the rest of the south and maybe Texas.

still think bern gonna be more competitive with the more Latino states. He gonna eat in Cali too.
We’ll see. The media is gonna be doing a victory lap until the polls close Tuesday so we’ll see what kind of impact that has. I would hope Bernie could end in the low 20s in SC. Considering that’s around what he got when up against just HRC I would gladly take it :yeshrug:

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Here we go. New ball game.

Here's the complicated thing

Bloomberg has been in Super Tuesday states for the last 3 months and has carpet bombed the country in ads.

Biden hasn't campaigned or devoted resources anywhere beyond SC and initially the early states.

But with Steyer's poor showing, perhaps money and people in the ground don't matter as much to a certain extent. Especially AL, AR, TN which Biden should win. Bernie has juice in NC and VA.