Official 2020 South Carolina Primary Thread: Joe Biden wins in blowout!

Who wins the Democrat primary in SC?

• Joe Biden

Votes: 34 35.4%
  • Bernie

Votes: 57 59.4%
  • Warren

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Steyer

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Mayor Pete

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Amy Kloubacher

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cheddar Biscuits

Give Me Sight Beyond Sight
Daps
School zoning laws is a race issue and has nothing to do with economics. Unless you mean socioeconomics

ep_chart_001.png

Education directly correlates with income and job opportunities. School zones were drawn specifically the deprive black families of that wealth by reinforcing segregation after Brown v. Board and still do to this day.

Try again.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
ep_chart_001.png

Education directly correlates with income and job opportunities. School zones were drawn specifically the deprive black families of that wealth by reinforcing segregation after Brown v. Board and still do to this day.

Try again.
Nope School zones were drawn specifically to deprive black families from gathering a great education. It has nothing to do with economics of the situation and everything to do with racist laws that prohibit black folks from putting children around people in various socioeconomic statuses.

Economics is not the cause of all race issues I know all classes matter bernie would like you to think that though.

Cheddar Biscuits

Daps
Nope School zones were drawn specifically to deprive black families from gathering a great education. It has nothing to do with economics of the situation and everything to do with racist laws that prohibit black folks from putting children around people in various socioeconomic statuses.
If the only way you can argue that racism isn't an economic issue is to deny the indisputable fact that educational attainment increases income then you're doing a great job of proving my point.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
If the only way you can argue that racism isn't an economic issue is to deny the indisputable fact that educational attainment increases income then you're doing a great job of proving my point.
Trying to pass thr school segregation zone laws cause off as being economics based is some right winged shyt. If you really think economics has anything to do with why school zone gerrymandering exist I have a bridge to no where to sell you :heh:

Cheddar Biscuits

Daps
Trying to pass thr school segregation zone laws cause off as being economics based is some right winged shyt. If you really think economics has anything to do with why school zone gerrymandering exist I have a bridge to no where to sell you :heh:

Yeah man, understanding that racism leads directly to poverty is real right wing. You don't actually listen to yourself, do you.

By the way, gerrymandering isn't school zoning. Gerrymandering is the redrawing of electoral districts to decrease the power of one voting bloc over another. So that when black people try to , say, vote for better living conditions, or higher wages, or better schools, the smaller bloc can deny them that ability. There is a word for those things. The word is economics.

I honestly thought this would be a more interesting conversation, but you gave up pretty quick man.

HuffPost is now a part of Verizon Media
Race and education are what make U.S. income inequality even worse for some
Racial and ethnic income inequality in America: 5 key findings

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Yeah man, understanding that racism leads directly to poverty is real right wing. You don't actually listen to yourself, do you.

By the way, gerrymandering isn't school zoning. Gerrymandering is the redrawing of electoral districts to decrease the power of one voting bloc over another. So that when black people try to , say, vote for better living conditions, or higher wages, or better schools, the smaller bloc can deny them that ability. There is a word for those things. The word is economics.

I honestly thought this would be a more interesting conversation, but you gave up pretty quick man.

HuffPost is now a part of Verizon Media
Race and education are what make U.S. income inequality even worse for some
Racial and ethnic income inequality in America: 5 key findings
Here's a good article on racist drawn districts it has never ever had ANYTHING to do with economics. We can draw school zones to make classrooms less segregated. This is how well your district does.

Last edited:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
You're talking to a wall.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
I hate that this separates "race issues" from "economic issues." All race issues are economic issues.

The reason why all race issues are not economic issues is because there are plenty of economically well-off black people who face discrimination if not violence due to racial issues.

Race and economics do have a lot of overlap but they are not one and the same.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
The reason why all race issues are not economic issues is because there are plenty of economically well-off black people who face discrimination if not violence due to racial issues.

Some white people just don't want to be around black people. :manny:

Cheddar Biscuits

Daps
Economic issues don't only happen to poor people. Well off black people are also denied home loans. That is economic. Every structure whose system serves to deprive black people is wealth is economic. There is no form of discrimination that is non-economic. "Not wanting to be around someone" has nothing to do with the levers of power that we operate via the government. Deciding where someone lives, how much education they receive, and how precarious their jobs are because of their race, are all economic issues. Race and economics are not separate. They are intersectional.

Stokely Carmichael put it like this: "If a white man wants to lynch me, that's his problem. If a white man has the power to lynch me, that's my problem." Racism isn't about white people not personally liking you. It is about them having the power to deprive you of food, health, and labor. That is economic.

Last edited:

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Race and economics are not separate. They are intersectional.

As I said before, in the part of the post you conveniently left out,

If I give all black people free healthcare, that doesn't stop racist practices from doctors. If I fully fund schools, that doesn't stop white teachers giving assignments about African animals during Black History Month. It's more than economics.