Official 2020 Democratic Primary Debate Thread

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
cosign, also no yang is no libertarian. Hes got more government involved policies than you can imagine please bush anyone who says that shyt.

Correct me if I'm wrong but couldn't some of his solutions be considered "freed market" libertarian solutions? I

not bashing this guy I'm definitely interested in what he's saying but I seem to remember there was some of that sort of "block chain politics" in there, no?

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Correct me if I'm wrong but couldn't some of his solutions be considered "freed market" libertarian solutions? I

not bashing this guy I'm definitely interested in what he's saying but I seem to remember there was some of that sort of "block chain politics" in there, no?

That’s a fair assessment and I agree that in some instances that type of hands off approach is needed. The difference is implementation of UBI essentially creates a financial safety net for every American. Combined with Medicare for all I don’t see how any policies could be more progressive than this. Which is why the apprehension I see for him from the Bernie wing is weird to me, he essentially is going even farther than Bernie.

Anyway he still has some dumbass ideas that fringe candidates bring with them but overall the idea of UBI is too good to pass up for me :manny:

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
UBI is seen as a way to get out of offering social programs to help society.

UBI is the social program, combined with free healthcare care is literally the best outcome we could ever hope for. In fact it’s even better since resources are put directly in the hands of the people instead of being delegated by different states that can put biased stipulation on them.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
UBI is the social program
And there you have it

combined with free healthcare care is literally the best outcome we could ever hope for. In fact it’s even better since resources are put directly in the hands of the people instead of being delegated by different states that can put biased stipulation on them.
Yeah breh, there are other social programs outside of healthcare.

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And there you have it

Yeah breh, there are other social programs outside of healthcare.

Largely delegated by states that impose biased requirements and put limitations on how long you can stay on these programs. I don’t see how this is better than simply giving the people the resources directly. Plus with yangs current proposal it would be opt in, those who would rather keep their benefits and regular social programs will have them. Will this reduce enrollment in those programs? Yes as people choose to receive money directly but I don’t see this as a bad thing at all, it’s a win-win for everyone.

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
Booker, but Trump would hint at his sexuality and him being a single male....:manny:

Bernie.....:skip:

Pocahontas....she fits the typical liberal hypocrite with that nickname alone...Ricky Rubio with the water bottle status.:pachaha:

BLACK AND LATINOS BEING SUMMED TOGETHER? :gucci:

This was reported for racism? For being pissed that Democrats are still lumping my people's struggles with Mexican's? :gucci:

Out of touch shyt like this is why Dem's lost....:mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
Nobody answered the second question but has something to say about the first?:ohhh:

There was a simulcast on Telemundo.
oh ok. But still lame since they could pander after the debate with post interviews with Telemundo

Because 800k watched it broadcast live on Telemundo dumbass.

:mjgrin:
the one thing that affects all 300 million folks in the US takes a backseat to pander to 800K :mjgrin:Dumbass

Get the fukk out of here you agent
:umad: fakkit that your thread backfired?

IceDragon

All Star
Daps
Some of my thoughts and feel free to agree or disagree, i'm always open to hearing different viewpoints.

Warren, she was strong in the first half but pretty much disappeared in the second half. Some have said this was tactical, i'm not so sure about that but there's plenty more debates and time to work on it. She can't afford to fade down the stretch against Trump though.

Castro, i'll use some boxing terms. it's like Marvin Hagler vs Tommy Hearns He threw one hell of an haymaker early but broke his hand in the process, Decriminalizing border crossing is not going fly with a lot of people. Gonna sound like open borders and apparently he was getting pressed by Meagan McCain of all people for it and didn't give the best answers. Will need to pivot away from it, if he even can.

Beto, I know everyone hates this guy but i honestly can't bring myself to. I don't know I just don't get the sense he's a bad person and doesn't care about the issues America has unlike with Pete. The brothers and sisters in South Bend wasn't just angry with Mayor Pete because all that's happened, they were also angry because they could tell Pete doesn't give a single fukk about them. So personality does matter at least a little. Regardless those are just my little opinions on some of the candidates.