What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Last edited:

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
we still getting excited about james bond movies?
what was the last good bond movie?

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Hoping it's better than that debacle of a movie, Spectre, one of the most oddly disappointing movies I have ever seen.

I read all the bad reviews, and I just couldn't see how it could be THAT bad. And it was.

eufemism

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#uglygang
For me, he's tied for 1 or 1b behind Sean. Pretty easily too

:francis:

Pierce Brosnan is the best Bond for me

If he didnt get fukked over by the cheesiness of early/mid 2000's movies writing and terrible puns he'd be the GOAT undisputed bond :yeshrug:

he actually had personality and charisma for bond. nobody had the swagger on lock like him since sean connery :hubie:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:francis:

Pierce Brosnan is the best Bond for me

If he didnt get fukked over by the cheesiness of early/mid 2000's movies writing and terrible puns he'd be the GOAT undisputed bond :yeshrug:

he actually had personality and charisma for bond. nobody had the swagger on lock like him since sean connery :hubie:

Not a fan of his movies outside of Goldeneye. I've come around on The World Is Not Enough lately but I can't say I'm a fan of the movie. I'm a fan of his interpretation in that movie but his movies, outside of Goldeneye, just feel very formless. And he's spoken on that fairly recently, saying he never quite nailed down what he wanted to do with Bond and ended up being too much like the guys before him rather than carving out his own niche. Which is exactly what those movies are. They want to have the seriousness of Connery but the goofiness of Moore and end up being fish nor fowl, which doesn't please anyone:manny:

Daniel and Sean bring that ruggedness to the character and the danger, just like Timothy Dalton did but Tim suffered from the franchise going through an identity crisis as well.

eufemism

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#uglygang
Not a fan of his movies outside of Goldeneye. I've come around on The World Is Not Enough lately but I can't say I'm a fan of the movie. I'm a fan of his interpretation in that movie but his movies, outside of Goldeneye, just feel very formless. And he's spoken on that fairly recently, saying he never quite nailed down what he wanted to do with Bond and ended up being too much like the guys before him rather than carving out his own niche. Which is exactly what those movies are. They want to have the seriousness of Connery but the goofiness of Moore and end up being fish nor fowl, which doesn't please anyone:manny:

Daniel and Sean bring that ruggedness to the character and the danger, just like Timothy Dalton did but Tim suffered from the franchise going through an identity crisis as well.

i feel the same way but i think its down more to the shytty writing and lack of a coherent mood. we see flashes of what his bond could of been. he has that dark humor that would of gone well with a darker tone movie

not a fan of daniel craig. he's too much like bourne to the point he has no personality. it reminded me of the bale portrayal of batman. instead of showing the nuances of the character they just show them as brutes forcing their way through situations. for the past 2 movies i havent felt any danger at all because i know bond will just muscle his way through

connery had his moments of cleverness as bond and was actually a spy instead of an unstoppable assassin

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
i feel the same way but i think its down more to the shytty writing and lack of a coherent mood. we see flashes of what his bond could of been. he has that dark humor that would of gone well with a darker tone movie

not a fan of daniel craig. he's too much like bourne to the point he has no personality. it reminded me of the bale portrayal of batman. instead of showing the nuances of the character they just show them as brutes forcing their way through situations. for the past 2 movies i havent felt any danger at all because i know bond will just muscle his way through

connery had his moments of cleverness as bond and was actually a spy instead of an unstoppable assassin

Every actor has their touches on bond. Craig to me has more depth because he’s willing to show he’s wounded. He and dalton are more like the book bond who was ultimately a blunt instrument. You rarely got “personality” but you did get depth of character. He bleeds, he hurts, he falls in love, and he sort of becomes hollowed out which is why he develops a distaste for his job. So he’s really not too much like Bourne as much as he’s more how Ian Fleming imagined the character.

There’s more Terrence young to what we think of as Bond than Ian Fleming

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Where does Craig rank all time? I enjoyed all his Bonds, even quantum of solace.
as somebody who never got into the old bond's, he's the best to me for one reason.. they write him as what a current bond would be

i loved pierce.. i grew up as him being my bond. smooth, funny, would shoot someone in the face, and leave his partner for the job.. but they got too cheesy with the gadgets and him doing the damn impossible

this bond seems more grounded. he still has to do spy shyt, but it's modernized and minimized. he can be smooth and funny, but it's not cheesy and overbearing. he can do wild ass stunts we know aren't real, but he pays for it and gets his ass kicked too. he's not perfect, but until i go back and see the old ones, he's the best out the two so far

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Brosnan got it right in "Goldeneye", which I think is one of the best Bonds ever, top 3, and though nostalgia plays a role, (I was 9 in 1995) and the subsequent videogame, I really think it was one of the best interpretations of the franchise, and very close to what Craig is now doing.

It was the scripts and concepts and increasingly absurdity of the rest of his movies that sunk the series for awhile. I also believe they were floundering with how to deal with Austin Powers parody becoming so beloved, and they tried to go bigger and better and just ended up ridiculous.

But, those scenes with Brosnan in Goldeneye, Martinis silencing all the men you killed and women you failed to protect, is the real heart of the character.

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Brosnan got it right in "Goldeneye", which I think is one of the best Bonds ever, top 3, and though nostalgia plays a role, (I was 9 in 1995) and the subsequent videogame, I really think it was one of the best interpretations of the franchise, and very close to what Craig is now doing.

It was the scripts and concepts and increasingly absurdity of the rest of his movies that sunk the series for awhile. I also believe they were floundering with how to deal with Austin Powers parody becoming so beloved, and they tried to go bigger and better and just ended up ridiculous.

But, those scenes with Brosnan in Goldeneye, Martinis silencing all the men you killed and women you failed to protect, is the real heart of the character.

Was it really Brosnan...taking nothing from him, he's arguably my favorite Bond...but the Scripts and stunts became progressively more outlandish...by the 3rd Brosnan flick it became Fast and the Furious before the fast and the Furious...