Off-Field Issues, On-Field Problem - Official 2015 Dallas Cowboys Season Thread

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Im not giving jones a pass. Dude was picked in the first round when Malcolm Brown was still on the board. We shouldnt have to rely on Mo to replace Oscan. In todays NFL, you need your first round picks to produce right away.

I would have preferred us picking Malcolm Brown or an RB, but then again, if we did, who knows if the draft would have fell the way it did. We may not have ended up with Gregory or Collins, so I can't complain.

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
I hate that I've worked on every preseason game. Might off,myself when I work during the regular season. Even tho they get posted on here

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
How did we fare vs. the run this week?

How did Lawrence look? Hardy will beast and the world knows Gregory is for real by now. Any other dlinemen stick out?

Obviously KR coverage was bad. How was PR coverage?

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Im not giving jones a pass. Dude was picked in the first round when Malcolm Brown was still on the board. We shouldnt have to rely on Mo to replace Oscan. In todays NFL, you need your first round picks to produce right away.
You really think a CB picked in the 1st is just going to produce right away? That is very unrealistic on your part.

How did we fare vs. the run this week?

How did Lawrence look? Hardy will beast and the world knows Gregory is for real by now. Any other dlinemen stick out?

Obviously KR coverage was bad. How was PR coverage?
This 1st team defense was A+, don't be fooled by Teddy going 7/7 because 6 of those were dinks caused by the defense constantly in his face.

D-Law is going to be a problem in the east:banderas:

Punt coverage was alright.

ld707070

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My 53 Predictions:

QBs (3) Romo, Weeden, (Waiver)
I see us going to the waivers to pick up a QB if they are good enough. Really looking at Austin Davis from the Rams

RBs (5) McFadden, Randle, Dunbar, Clutts, (FA/Trade)
I wouldn't be surprised if we go 5 with a waiver or trade

WRs (5) Bryant, Williams, Beasley, Street, (Whitehead / Waiver)
I can see Whitehead go to PS in favor for a special teamer. I personally wouldn't risk it but my gut says if a player is out there to contribute then Whitehead goes to PS.

TEs (3) Witten, Escobar, Hanna
I don't see the Cowboys keeping Swaim and Clutts. Its either one or the other.

OL (9) Smith, Leary, Frederick, Martin, Free, Weems, Bernadeau, Collins, (FA)
I see us picking up a Waiver pick up (T) to develop.

DL (10) (Hardy), Mincey, T. Crawford, Hayden, Lawrence, Gregory, T. McClain, J. Crawford, Coleman, Russell, Gardner
The hardest to project. I think we go with 10 and cut bishop. Coleman is more versatile of the two, playing the 1 or 3.

LBs (6) (R. McClain), Lee, Hitchens, Gachkar, Wilber, Wilson, Brinkley
I think Brinkley may have saved his job tonight for the time being. Felt like he may have been a cut despite the contract we gave him.

DBs (9) Carr, Claiborne, Church, Wilcox, Jones, White, Patmon, Heath, (FA)
McCray does nothing for me as does Heath, but McCray didn't display the Special Teams Ace quaility he was known for. I see another safety brought in a la Spillmen last season

STs (3) Bailey, Ladouceur, Jones

PS:
Showers
Gus Johnson
Harwell
Whitehead
Swaim
Gibson
Obada (London exception)
Bishop
Smith
Steeples
Scott

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dont encourage this behavior :martin:

Yall nikkas know better :martin:

Put all my chips on blue #20.

78471071-image-optimized_557d9643d872c.jpg

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Byron Jones is playing multiple positions as a rookie let him get some reps before we judge :what:

He wasn't asked to come in and be a day one starter. He will start out in nickel and dime packages which will give him time to get acclimated.
At the same time I think IF he was brought in to be a day one starter and got all of the first time reps his mentality and preparation would probably be different and would reflect in game situations. He knew coming in he was going to be the 4th corner at worst 3rd corner at best after they decided not the cut Carr.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
hes got to show something tho, looked good in practice but hes looking lost out there :francis:

hes not related to anyone from LSU right? :jbhmm:

Byron Jones is showing that there are VERY few CBs who will step in this league and shut down nfl receivers. What sucks about drafting corners is that you don't get what they are capable of until their second contract when they've been in the league long enough to develop their skills. Everyone's favorite corner Scandrick had everyone questioning Jerry Jones on giving him that contract, but he eventually stepped up and lived up to it. It'll take Jones time to step into the game..

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
You really think a CB picked in the 1st is just going to produce right away? That is very unrealistic on your part.

This 1st team defense was A+, don't be fooled by Teddy going 7/7 because 6 of those were dinks caused by the defense constantly in his face.

D-Law is going to be a problem in the east:banderas:

Punt coverage was alright.
Yes I am. When your best Corner goes down for the season, you should expect for your first round CB to come in and be able to start. Not your 4th yr CB who is injury prone and lost his starting job last year. On top of that, like @duckbutta said, hes not in great position most of the time against 2nd and 3rd stringers.

Johnny Vulture

Lemonade Mimosas
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Did Randle switch his running style up? He seems to be looking for more contact like DeMarco Murray did last year but he doesn't run as hard

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Yes I am. When your best Corner goes down for the season, you should expect for your first round CB to come in and be able to start. Not your 4th yr CB who is injury prone and lost his starting job last year. On top of that, like @duckbutta said, hes not in great position most of the time against 2nd and 3rd stringers.
We're just going to agree to disagree on this subject, i've seen too many good/great corners struggle as rookies so i know the process.