Daps
Reppin
DFW
Missed the entire game.

Read up on the thread. Can't wait to see this defense week 1 :whoo:

See we gave up a KR touchdown :beli:

See Randle getting Romo killed :snoop:

Apparently Byron Jones is Morris Claiborne?? :mjcry:

I'm legit concerned about Jones because he is always out of position...

Randle will be fine running the ball and pass protection he just needs to get used to being an every down back his whole career has been spot duty and starting the games that spray tan got hurt and I think Dunbar might have started a few of those games...

But Jones...yeah he just looks straight up LOST a lot of the times...

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
I'm all for giving the defense as many resources as we can. Marinelli knows what he's doing on that side of the ball. Once Ro. Mac gets back in, the defense could be serious.

Special teams is a HUGE concern.

Our offense looked solid, and that was with Dez and Martin out.

CaughtInTWebb

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big D, Texas
no guarantee with that unless we're getting another andrew luck. the growing pains will be there.

Yep....that's to be expected tho......

I'm legit concerned about Jones because he is always out of position...

Randle will be fine running the ball and pass protection he just needs to get used to being an every down back his whole career has been spot duty and starting the games that spray tan got hurt and I think Dunbar might have started a few of those games...

But Jones...yeah he just looks straight up LOST a lot of the times...

From what I've read....the coaches said he's thinking too much instead of just playing....dude is going to be fine....CB one of the hardest positions to play as a rookie...

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
no guarantee with that unless we're getting another andrew luck. the growing pains will be there.

i think they def need to draft a qb soon and sit him behind romo unless we want to play a desperation game when it comes time to pass the torch. Enough of this trying to find the next undrafted fa gem.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I have a feeling Jones is going to get roasted like Carr and Claiborne when he doesn't turn to be a shutdown corner in his first year. CB is a very difficult position to play, so I wouldn't expect a ton out of Jones this year.
I always tell people to go look at Revis his rookie year compared to now, CBs struggle that just the nature of the beast.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I always tell people to go look at Revis his rookie year compared to now, CBs struggle that just the nature of the beast.

There is struggling in then there is always 3 to 5 yards between you and the receiver you are guarding...

There is so much space between Jones and the receiver that the receiver often time can catch the ball then square his shoulders and try to put a juke on jones...I don't give a fukk if a dude just started playing football yesterday that is bad...that is the absolute worse you can be...as bad a carr and mo are at least they tend to tackle a guy right when he catches it...I've had to rewind way to many plays because from where jones was to where the receiver was I can't even tell if he was supposed to be covering the guy...

A lot of people seem to think that at some point this year jones is going to replace carr...or now mo...and be a starting corner...for that to happen he going to have to train in whatever room of spirit and time T Will did this offseason cause he got a LONG way to go

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
There is struggling in then there is always 3 to 5 yards between you and the receiver you are guarding...

There is so much space between Jones and the receiver that the receiver often time can catch the ball then square his shoulders and try to put a juke on jones...I don't give a fukk if a dude just started playing football yesterday that is bad...that is the absolute worse you can be...as bad a carr and mo are at least they tend to tackle a guy right when he catches it...I've had to rewind way to many plays because from where jones was to where the receiver was I can't even tell if he was supposed to be covering the guy...

A lot of people seem to think that at some point this year jones is going to replace carr...or now mo...and be a starting corner...for that to happen he going to have to train in whatever room of spirit and time T Will did this offseason cause he got a LONG way to go
Lol man I love the passion fans of sports teams have. Dude with the breakdowns. Can we at least get halfway thorough a season first or something before shytting on dude? Well not shytting on him but doing this coli scouting lol.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX

chicken-little.jpg

Calm down, When he's getting burned week after week then you can be mad but not now. He's clearly pressing and he just needs to let the game come to him.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Im not giving jones a pass. Dude was picked in the first round when Malcolm Brown was still on the board. We shouldnt have to rely on Mo to replace Oscan. In todays NFL, you need your first round picks to produce right away.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
chicken-little.jpg

Calm down, When he's getting burned week after week then you can be mad but not now. He's clearly pressing and he just needs to let the game come to him.

He's already getting burned week after week that is how we got here:russ:

And I'm not really mad...he is a rookie...I don't expect any rookie at any position to be "good"...

I mean if we are relying on a rookie cornerback to be an above average corner in his rookie season...then our season is going to be pretty fukking bad