Off-Field Issues, On-Field Problem - Official 2015 Dallas Cowboys Season Thread

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
So would you rather draft RB over QB or vice versa?
I rather first see what Moore and showers can do in case we don't even need to draft a qb cuz they could in turn be good qbs for the future of us but if they aren't good enough

Draft a rb first then a qb the rbs are better this year than the qbs so draft that then qb but it comes down to what's available and what pick we have too

Cuz best believe I take a defense guy as our first pick since they are the class
Of the draft then i would see with our next pick what's available for rb and qb which ever one is best on board I take

But I think our qb practice squad can be our future I see potential in showers as a Russell Wilson lite version which is what he is compared too

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Listen I agree. To me Garrett is the worst coach in the league hands down. Bill Parcells took a team with Quincy Carter at QB and a :flabbynsick: to the playoffs, so Garrett has no excuse.

However, there are problems with this team than no romo and bad coaching. Ive said it before, Marinelli had a top 3 defense in Chicago the year before he came here and led the league in takeaways. Scott Linehan has OC of the of several top 10 offebses and was the OC when Megatron broke the single season yardage record.

This team needs a new GM, HC and more talent.

I'm 100% for building around the defensive side of the ball. Imagine if the defense had 4 of the last 5 1st rounders. I believe we'll get a lot out of a talent infusion with Marinelli running the ship on defense. If Goff or Lynch isn't there, I'm perfectly find going defense in the 1st round and qb later.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
CHURCH
CARR
CLAIBORNE
HITCHENS
WILCOX
FREE
MCFADDEN
STREET
HAYDEN
CRAWFORD
PATMON

All of these players see time on the field and are all :trash:. This team isnt as talented as a lot of you think.
I'm not even checking for this team until week 1 anymore. Too many stories that come out during training camp that you get excited and the players do nothing. Remember Patmon scrapping with Dez? "oh we got a dawg :gladbron: we needed this attitude in our secondary :krs:" Cat ain't made a single play all year, along with the rest of those scrubs not named Byron Jones.

Until they clean house I can't even get excited about this team. I'm telling you guys now don't even be surprised if you don't see me posting as much about this team next year. Look my earliest memories of watching this team come around the 97' season, for a lot of you I'm sure you've been watching even earlier than that. But this is closing in on 20 years of mediocrity for the time that I've been watching. I remember back in the '10 season when we were getting blown out like clockwork, but it was still a handful of us showing up on :hamster: every week, myself, @Spade if I recall correctly, a few others, diehards. I remember when I first started posting over there @dtownreppin214 was the first Cowboy fan I became familiar with, diehard. Week in, week out. I haven't seen that brother post here or CZ since yesterday. There were other coaching regimes that took some of the joy and excitement out of being a Cowboys fan, but the Garrett era is closing the casket. As long as this regime is in tact I'm showing up on Sundays to watch the game, chop it up and every now and then here, and thats it. It's pathetic what we've become.

Ashyneezz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
CHURCH
CARR
CLAIBORNE
HITCHENS
WILCOX
FREE
MCFADDEN
STREET
HAYDEN
CRAWFORD
PATMON

All of these players see time on the field and are all :trash:. This team isnt as talented as a lot of you think.
McFadden? :what: Really breh...dude been solid. He ain't a number one but he doesn't deserve to be in the same group with those players you mentioned

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
McFadden? :what: Really breh...dude been solid. He ain't a number one but he doesn't deserve to be in the same group with those players you mentioned
Before yesterday, dude averaged less than 4 ypc behind the best OL in football.

:trash:

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
I told brehs earlier in this thread that even though Garrett sucks, hiring a new Coach is putting lipstick on a pig. Nothing will change until Stephen takes over (hes marginally better than Jerry). All you brehs that hate on romo need to understand that he is this franchises only chance at winning a ring the next 10 years because he is good enough to overcome Garrett and Jerrys stupidity.
Glad more and more are seeing Jerry is the main problem with this organization. Everybody in the NFL whether they are fans, coaches, players, media, w/e knows it. Even he knows it. He admitted it. His ego gets in the way though. As much as I dislike Garrett, I'll give him this credit. He wants certain type of players or an RKG. I know he didn't want Hardy. He didn't want Gregory (look at his face with that fake smile when they got him in the war room). No knock on either of those players. But this is not what he felt he needed on his team. He didn't want to bring in Kiffin in 2013. That was pure Jerry and Larry fukkin Lacewell who is a cancer to this organization. Either Jerry had us fooled by thinking he is giving up more control of this team or Stephen is a fraud himself. Probably more of the former than the latter.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Glad more and more are seeing Jerry is the main problem with this organization. Everybody in the NFL whether they are fans, coaches, players, media, w/e knows it. Even he knows it. He admitted it. His ego gets in the way though. As much as I dislike Garrett, I'll give him this credit. He wants certain type of players or an RKG. I know he didn't want Hardy. He didn't want Gregory (look at his face with that fake smile when they got him in the war room). No knock on either of those players. But this is not what he felt he needed on his team. He didn't want to bring in Kiffin in 2013. That was pure Jerry and Larry fukkin Lacewell who is a cancer to this organization. Either Jerry had us fooled by thinking he is giving up more control of this team or Stephen is a fraud himself. Probably more of the former than the latter.
This is where your argument falls apart. Garrett didn't want those guys but they were needed, that RKG is complete bullshyt and if Garrett had it his way we'd have a team full of choir boys. Garrett has been a fukk up his entire time here and that's Jerry's fault since he hired him, but let's not act like Garrett isn't a con man in good guy clothes. His only successful year offensively was when he was getting the majority of credit for Tony Sparano's playbook in 07.

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
This is where your argument falls apart. Garrett didn't want those guys but they were needed, that RKG is complete bullshyt and if Garrett had it his way we'd have a team full of choir boys. Garrett has been a fukk up his entire time here and that's Jerry's fault since he hired him, but let's not act like Garrett isn't a con man in good guy clothes. His only successful year offensively was when he was getting the majority of credit for Tony Sparano's playbook in 07.
Not necessarily. Garrett probably would have went a different avenue on getting the players he wants for his team. Whether the RKG is bullshyt or not, it wasn't a player that Garrett coveted is my point. I could care less about Garrett and my thoughts on his offense is known as I spoke about this since I was on the IC back in the day. But if he didn't want that type of player on his team, he wouldn't have brought them in if he had control.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
What really is bad about the team is how many resources we invest into the offense only to lead one of the offenses in the league. Next year, we'll probably invest a 1st in a qb and then go rb in the second, so that'll be 5 out of 6 years that the 1st rounder went to the offense. Even with all of those resources, the offense isn't even the unit that is performing. I'd much rather we go defense this year, but our situation at qb requires we use a high pick on it.

DaMos Supreme

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just can't call it brehs. It's like every year we keep having these conversations about being a couple of pieces away just to be :martin::what::dwillhuh::mjcry: at season's end. What makes matters worse is the division could've been ours with just a couple more wins. Garrett should definitely go much sooner than later. I don't even think any of those Campo 5-11 seasons were this bad, if we speaking in terms of comparing 'talent'. Of course long term my angst has been towards Jerry for the Cowboys having way more ups than downs for basically two decades. Can we just have a Coach and GM to set their chess pieces and make moves accordingly without worrying about about a meddlesome Owner. Stephen may be better suited for the operations but I'm like :yeshrug:because we comparing him to Jerry.

The fact that the Boys are in it mathematically still is hilarious and sad at the same time.

If not Garrett then it's whom?