OCTOPATH TRAVELER (PC, Xbox One, Switch)

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Ahh okay I see, so there are 8 characters right? I'm guessing that's why it's called Octo... how long would it take to complete each story and how long would it take to 100% each story. Is there any post game content once that's done? Lol just trying to manage my time hahaha.
To beat the main story of the game it would take around 50-60 hours. There is post game content that will add on another 30 or 40 hours.

My only complaint of the game is that once you get past the first chapters the story moves slow and leveling up becomes a grind(think Dragon Quest leveling past level 60).

Daps
To beat the main story of the game it would take around 50-60 hours. There is post game content that will add on another 30 or 40 hours.

My only complaint of the game is that once you get past the first chapters the story moves slow and leveling up becomes a grind(think Dragon Quest leveling past level 60).

Okay, I can easily knock out 60 hours for 8 characters. That like 6-7 hours per. 30-40 hours for post game content that's also doable. Okay I'll be in here when I start. Last question. What character do you suggest I start the story off with first?

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Okay, I can easily knock out 60 hours for 8 characters. That like 6-7 hours per. 30-40 hours for post game content that's also doable. Okay I'll be in here when I start. Last question. What character do you suggest I start the story off with first?
We all suggest that if you haven't played the first one at this point, just skip the shyt and play the 2nd one and start with Hikari.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
We all suggest that if you haven't played the first one at this point, just skip the shyt and play the 2nd one and start with Hikari.
I mean if you only care about playing 2 yea don’t force yourself to play 1.

But if you intend to play both def play 1 first. Going from 2 -> 1 is probably a terrible idea regarding how 2 improves on 1.

Daps
I mean if you only care about playing 2 yea don’t force yourself to play 1.

But if you intend to play both def play 1 first. Going from 2 -> 1 is probably a terrible idea regarding how 2 improves on 1.

I haven't even seen the reviews or anything about 2 really, I just went through my backlog recently and saw I still have Octopath Traveler 1 in the plastic wrapper for about 2 years now :russ: :snoop: so yeah it's up next followed by Metroid Dread and Skyward Sword.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Cyrus is probably the easiest to start with, followed by H'aanit(coincidently they are both damage dealing machines too).

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
Finally picked this back up, and the gameplay is great if you like strategy/RPGs, but the stories are a slog to get through.

Daps
So I'm about 4 hours in, it's cool so far. I had the wrong impression about this game. I thought it was similar to Sonic Adventure where there is ONE big story and you play everyone's point of view. One time as Sonic and then a 2nd time as Knuckles. But then I ran into Therion and they had me doing his story at the same time. So now I see it's basically picking up characters and they just come along for the ride as you do their own personal journey. I started with Alfyn and went north and found Therion. I just ran into H'annit and that's where I have stopped. The combat is cool, it reminds me of Persona in a way. Attacking their weakness but instead of you gaining a turn, they lose a turn. I also like the boost of powers. Kaio Ken to Super Saiyan to Super Saiyan Blue, I see what they did there.

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
I was putting some hours into this but then someone said the final boss was overpowered. I aint trying to deal with that nonsense. Hit the uninstall with the quickness after getting all 8 characters.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I was putting some hours into this but then someone said the final boss was overpowered. I aint trying to deal with that nonsense. Hit the uninstall with the quickness after getting all 8 characters.
The true final boss which is optional :mjlol:

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
yeah all that shaming dont work on me lol. yall can play them games if you want. My backlog already big enough as it is :yeshrug: