Ocean's 8 (Bullock, Rihanna, Awkwafina) thread

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
who the fukk cares if they make an all woman movie. Ppl always crying when a movie is remade and now this. They are acting like the new movie will replace the old one...

Not necessarily crying breh, at least don't think that I'm losing sleep over it. It's not that serious, still, as someone who pays attention to politics, social matters, and bullsh!t, one can't help but notice how ridiculous the gender reboots are. Not to mention the obvious agendas at play leading up to a Hilary Clinton lead administration. To be honest with you, it's actually kinda cool to see how media operates on the masses.

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
Not necessarily crying breh, at least don't think that I'm losing sleep over it. It's not that serious, still, as someone who pays attention to politics, social matters, and bullsh!t, one can't help but notice how ridiculous the gender reboots are. Not to mention the obvious agendas at play leading up to a Hilary Clinton lead administration. To be honest with you, it's actually kinda cool to see how media operates on the masses.
I think you are reading to much into it (as far as the movies are concerned)
They know these movies will make money... because women will go to support it and will probably drag their men with them (maybe if they show some nudity men wont have to be dragged) but i doubt it .

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I think you are reading to much into it (as far as the movies are concerned)
They know these movies will make money... because women will go to support it and will probably drag their men with them (maybe if they show some nudity men wont have to be dragged) but i doubt it .

I agree with that too, and probably should have been more specific with it as I just labeled it as Hollywood's lazy application of being, Progressive. Ya know, a gender flip here, a race adjustment there, etc.. The Comic Book industry is just as lazy. Instead of modifying Valkyrie, putting some clothes on her, and giving her character some shine, they just decided to make Thor a female. Same with a Black Spiderman. It's corny and lazy, but the sheep will gobble it up while the rest of us cynically observe. I imagine the creators are cynical as well, probably laughing to themselves how all they had to do was give Thor some t!tties and these dumb cac women will eat it right up. Easy cash grab with minimal work involved.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Issues with the movie aside, I wonder who rounds out the cast. If they go with big names again and who's hot in Hollywood right now

Jennifer Lawrence, Charlize Theron, Margot Robbie, Amy Adams, Kerry Washington...

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Watch her or Melissa McCarthy get the Bernie Mac role :troll:

In a world where it's one or the other, MM all day. I actually don't mind her.

But we live in this world. Which probably means it's going to be both.

And you know J Law and Schumer are tight now, so we're probably gonna have to endure a series of buddy-cop-like vignettes featuring America's blandest sweetheart and 250 pounds of Internet feminism packed into a 200 pound frame.

:whoa: No misogony, though. I meant that with the utmost respect to them as females and artists
When I said "females" I didn't mean to offend, I meant women
When I said "women" I didn't mean to offend, I meant gender-unspecific homo sapien entities
*Packs up desk and dusts off resume:mjcry:*
*Actually doesn't give a shyt and will most likely watch and enjoy the movie :russ:*

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I like that the ladies are getting a shot at it. But it seems like they are making it just to have an all female cast and say that they did it. But hey, if it's good I'll watch it. I love the Ocean's movies.