Ocean's 8 (Bullock, Rihanna, Awkwafina) thread

Conz

Superstar
Daps
just seems like a super boring Ocean's movie.

Vegas as a setting is perfect. Even the Euro setting was great (that movie isn't good for other reasons... Julia Roberts)

The Met Gala? who gives a fukk. it's like they decided that since it's all women, they'll set it at the girliest possible place. As a man (a non threatened, non hating man... ok, internet feminists?) there was basically nothing in that trailer that sparked my interest.

Also, STOP giving James Corden so much goddamn work. Holy shyt. That mo is in everything. Every friggin cartoon has his voice, he's in a bunch of commercials, every social media site has his mug all over it, and he produces some of the corniest shyt on tv. How did this fat flamboyant British dude get so damn popular in the US?

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like Gary Ross keeping the coloring and look of the oceans movie. Trailer just reminded me how much I love the oceans movies (even 12) and since I like the cast and want to see them together, I’m down.
Do you like the original?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
just seems like a super boring Ocean's movie.

Vegas as a setting is perfect. Even the Euro setting was great (that movie isn't good for other reasons... Julia Roberts)

The Met Gala? who gives a fukk. it's like they decided that since it's all women, they'll set it at the girliest possible place. As a man (a non threatened, non hating man... ok, internet feminists?) there was basically nothing in that trailer that sparked my interest.

Also, STOP giving James Corden so much goddamn work. Holy shyt. That mo is in everything. Every friggin cartoon has his voice, he's in a bunch of commercials, every social media site has his mug all over it, and he produces some of the corniest shyt on tv. How did this fat flamboyant British dude get so damn popular in the US?

The one comment I agree on in this post is James corden lol. Not mad at someone getting paid but dude is flooding the market right now

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Looks good but damn Danny could not give her some money? Lol

Meh. Watched it twice and just couldn’t get into it. Feel like Soderbergh and crew made a much better movie.

Danny is “dead” wink wink

It's probably one of those it's not just about money plot twists. I recon she's not broke.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Meh. Watched it twice and just couldn’t get into it. Feel like Soderbergh and crew made a much better movie.
they did. there's no question. the original is a cool little retro piece but has a ton of lulls. plus that fat foreign dude is annoying as fukk

In fact when people ask about remakes that are better than the originals, i feel like Ocean's 11 and Dawn of the Dead should be in the top 5 every time... but it's blasphemous to say something old isn't that good, b/c influence, etc. "without this pile of crap, you wouldn't have even gotten that movie!!!" I'm 95% positive this is the only reason people love Bladerunner

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
they did. there's no question. the original is a cool little retro piece but has a ton of lulls. plus that fat foreign dude is annoying as fukk

In fact when people ask about remakes that are better than the originals, i feel like Ocean's 11 and Dawn of the Dead should be in the top 5 every time... but it's blasphemous to say something old isn't that good, b/c influence, etc. "without this pile of crap, you wouldn't have even gotten that movie!!!" I'm 95% positive this is the only reason people love Bladerunner

I don’t agree with dawn. It’s dope but not better than the original. What I will say is the Friday the 13th remake is better than the original as is oceans

Shadow

Enjoy your life and loved ones.
Daps
Trailer didn't look as bad as the Ghostbusters one.

I wonder if they're going the Star Wars route and Ocean's 11, 12 and 13 were like the original trilogy in Star Wars and now Ocean's 8, 9 and 10 will be like the prequels (or sequel trilogy)? Not in terms of quality but in terms of structuring a 'universe'.

Assuming they do sequels and add more women to the cast. I imagine Gal Gadot would be added to the sequel.