Obama Wants to Federalize Local Police Departments....Yay? Nay? Don't Know?

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i think its about time that whenever the police kill someone, the federal government looks at the case. i think we can free them up a thousand times a year, and a lot of shootings are justified, so theres no "going after police" there. that plus a mandate that pigs wear bodycams, is a realistic thing to implement

i mean im not even really sure what "federalize police depts" means

AJaRuleStan

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Killa Queens
Hmmm, we should just give Obama unlimited power at this point. I mean, he is obviously smart, and he really cares about the people unlike his opponents, so why not let him implement his vision onto society so we can finally have the first human society in the history of man that contain zero flaws.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If its done right, a federalized police force could be a good thing. Just a few quick thoughts..

One problem federalizing police would fix is the lack of standardization in police training. You have a different standards of training and different priorities in the police department due to funding. For example, A big city with lots of revenue coming into the city can afford to run a 9,12 month police academy and provide continuous training vs a small town only being able to provide a 90 day police academy and the rest is OJT. Also, there are some places that require you to actually have college credits, a BS or military experience in lieu of education as a prerequisite. If this was a requirement all across the board, it would help with filtering out some of the "good ol boys"

Federal funding also has the potential to do away with police departments that mainly focuses on "meeting a ticket" quota to create revenue for the city and the police department.

You hit a lot of good points here. Local police are usually the least qualified and least competent of all of the policing agencies. The thing that people also need to keep in mind is that the local police is nothing but somebody's little fiefdom. Some mayor somewhere taxes the Hell out of the citizens to pay for the policemen and firemen and those same cops usually have disdain for the people that pay their salaries. And on top of that the unions of the cops and firemen do nothing but run a hustle on the public and end up securing beaucoup overtime pay for those cops and firemen; even though no one knows exactly why they work so much overtime. Police and firemen overhead is one of the largest expenses in most cities.

The shyt is ridiculous. The police departments should have federalized decades ago.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think some of these posters really love the police state to think federalizing the police is a good thing.

You already live in a police state. The question is who is doing the policing?

Do you want a bunch of meathead Irish gang members and their relatives being the police? Or do you want want a professional police force?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You already live in a police state. The question is who is doing the policing?

Do you want a bunch of meathead Irish gang members and their relatives being the police? Or do you want want a professional police force?

If I live in a police state already, there is no professional police force.

Daps
Reppin
Queens/NYC
Federal oversight yes, but each cop should remain a local employee.

Why don't they just have the police chief accountable to a federal counterpart and every time an incident like this happens the Feds get involved AUTOMATICALLY and supersede anything the State does in instances like these take away all their power in the investigation. Bring in someone from another State without a vested interest in the matter.

And immediately make these trials priority in the Supreme Court. At BARE MINIMUM individuals need to be BARRED from being a cop ANYWHERE IN AMERIKKKA if found guilty. And automatically fired after multiple questionable incidents. It's not rocket science.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
you said federalize, he said more federal oversight and that I agree with that. Not police the entire country. It would still be delegated the same regardless.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
And exactly what drug ring or trade have any local cops ever resolved? A lot of local law enforcers are a bunch of meatheads that only have their jobs because of some political affiliation or because their dads, granddads, uncles were either cops or firemen. As we saw the other night; most of them are completely incompetent.
Nope! Not even...

Majority of people handed the monumental responsibility to protect and serve are there for a check. Completely self-interests and not the public's interests.