Obama Wants to Federalize Local Police Departments....Yay? Nay? Don't Know?

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This could be a great thing.

As far as it currently stands, the level of oversight and transparency at the state and county level are simply just not there. The Blue wall of silence is stronger than the fear of any IA investigation.
But this shouldn't go into day to day affairs because we know how terrible the federal government is at managing anything on the micro level.

This should just ideally add more non-local checks and balances up the ladder so that we aren't relying on Billy Bob's cousin's wife to prosecute him when he kills a black man in cold blood.

I am almost never on the side of more government oversight, but the current system is corrupt due om part to local autonomy

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
if Obama actually said something of the sort it should exsist on multiple places all over the interwebs.
wouldnt be hard to find at all.
are all newssources biased? ofcourse they are, some are extremely more so than others.
theres sources that find a way to present with a slant and sources
that go out of their way to manipulate and lie.
i dont respect breitbart any more than i respect stor front.
i am positive that this is "death panels" all over again.

give racist websites clicks brehs
have this website link back to a breitbart page brehs

knock yourself out though. :yeshrug:

Reynolds: Want a lawless police force? Federalize it.
Glenn Harlan Reynolds1:12 p.m. EDT May 4, 2015
Reynolds: Want a lawless police force? Federalize it.

middle of the road newspaper

New Username

Staff Member
Supporter
Daps
Expect the federal government to police well when they can't even deliver your mail on time.:mjlol:.

Expect a government agency to police well when the TSA misses more than 95% of all dangerous devices during screening.:mjlol:.

Awful, awful, awful idea.

:dwillhuh: suffer from lead poisoning bruhs

Charlie Hustle

Light Bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sin City
Another thing. A federal police force won't mean anything is its leadership and majority aren't a reflection of the community being served.

gangreen

Top Notch
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn #byrdgang
It's at least an answer to a problem that far too many on the other side fail to identify.

This is gonna keep happening, until there is admission that this is a problem.

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
This reeks of GLOBALISIM

Even though the FEDS were needed and still are when it comes to state and locals violating the rights of blacks

I just fear martial law and all types of gestapo tactics when the feds get involved

A traffic ticket gonna mean a lot more when the feds get involved :patrice:

Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
This reeks of GLOBALISIM

Even though the FEDS were needed and still are when it comes to state and locals violating the rights of blacks

I just fear martial law and all types of gestapo tactics when the feds get involved

A traffic ticket gonna mean a lot more when the feds get involved :patrice:

Exactly, that means nikkas gotta really be done with the streets and get it the legal way.

The more brothers are involved in America, the less America can make us easy targets.

Obama putting these nikkas on defense. Racism thrives on offensive plays.

End Cruelty

Yuffie butter!
Daps
Reppin
Gaia
absolutely not. the POTUS doesn't need to do a goddamned thing. most useless office there is. i say let people sort it out and let the federal govt put some laws in place once everybody realizes what's really going on here. jumping to federal police is not a good idea at all. and on top of that, the fed tends to be slow. im not knocking it, but law enforcement is a 24/7 job.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
so you couldnt find a single reputable news source to link to?
does this fantasy exsist anywhere outside of those foaming at the mouth over there with their hate for the uppity negro?
Yeah it's like in TLR people can make any bullshyt thread title and link any bullshyt source and people take it as face value.

The President's Task Force on 21st Century Policing was a summary of research on best practices for local law enforcement and recommendations for them to implement.

That Breitbart article was just typical right wing scare-mongering bullshyt about a federal takeover of police that doesn't exist.

This is par for the course for the OP who has posted dumb conspiracy bullshyt from crackpot sources like this since the sohh days. Just negged him.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I'd like mandatory federal oversight in police misconduct cases, but nah police depts should stay local.

This. At the very least we need mandatory federal oversight and special prosecutors in cases of police misconduct. Local prosecutors are going to be in bed with local police departments and thus will usually let cops off...as we've seen recently. So in that case you definitely need the feds to step in.

Outside of that I'm undecided.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Everybody blaming Obama for everything. The man is not a dictator. He can't just pass laws whenever he feels like it.

Nobody is saying he can pass laws whenever he feels like it. But what I don't understand is why whenever people mention Obama needs to do something, we got nikkas running out the woodwork talking bout what he can't do as the damn president.