oatmeal for dinner

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just had oatmeal for dinner. Ran 6.4 miles. Didn't feel like eating a whole lot but wanted something warm in the belly.

Oatmeal, a dash of ground cinnamon, 1/4 tsp of honey. shyt taste like soggy cheerios or honey bunches of oats to me :yeshrug: (which is a good thing). I can smash a box of cheerios a day if I want to go ham, honey bunches of oats is too sweet for me.

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green
Oats are the goat food option specially for breakfast

Agreed...I was off the oatmeal wave for years..my wife started making me whole grain oats with fruit added for breakfast...eat that shyt for breakfast on lifting days :whew:
keeps me from snacking, cheap as hell and tastes pretty good

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Wtf is that?
do you not know the word savory? oatmeal that isn't sweet - ie made with things like chicken broth, eggs, vefggies, cheese, meat - not the typical sugar/butter/honey/nuts/fruit/cinnamon

bacon-cheddar-savory-oatmeal.jpg

savory_oatmeal_garlicky_kale-2.jpg

when do you stop eating carbs
3 or 4pm

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
do you not know the word savory? oatmeal that isn't sweet - ie made with things like chicken broth, eggs, vefggies, cheese, meat - not the typical sugar/butter/honey/nuts/fruit/cinnamon

bacon-cheddar-savory-oatmeal.jpg

savory_oatmeal_garlicky_kale-2.jpg

3 or 4pm

:hhh:
To each it its own. Thx for the clarification

My mind isn't blown, but I hadn't put two and two together. Cause when I make rice I go all out, different liquids and shyt.

But I didn't think to do it oats. I'm gonna research right now!!!!!!!

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
My mind isn't blown, but I hadn't put two and two together. Cause when I make rice I go all out, different liquids and shyt.

But I didn't think to do it oats. I'm gonna research right now!!!!!!!
Try it, nikkas stay fronting because they're used to using them one way when you got rice being used both ways, grits, quinoa, wheat (bread, crackers, flour), barley, etc

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Try it, nikkas stay fronting because they're used to using them one way when you got rice being used both ways, grits, quinoa, wheat (bread, crackers, flour), barley, etc
It makes sense. I've had rice and grits for breakfast and dinner. I would've gotten there eventually, but now that I know this is a thing I'm gonna go ham. I just told a cat on here yesterday how to make vegetable broth. Ima mix a little bit of it with some oats, maybe a egg, some spinach maybe some chicken or fish and see how it turns out

diggy

Florida Man
Supporter
Daps
I love oatmeal/cream of wheat/cream of rice :feedme:

Brown Sugar/Nutmeg/Cinnamon/Honey/Whatever :blessed:

I will probably have a big bowl one weekend.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
IMG-20190515-1626476.jpg

Aight,boom. Did 1 cup of oatmeal, 1 cup of 0 salt chicken broth. A dash of salt. Cooked 1 minute, mixed in a couple fingers full fresh parm cheese. Cooked another 30 seconds. Cooked up some diced chicken and poached an egg, added pepper and Sriracha.

shyts flames

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I need to get on this. I always have a bag of trader joes rolled oats.

Have you tried baking your oatmeal?