"NYK will surprise the NBA"...I believe 'em too. 19-20 NYK Offseason Thread

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Leave it to Isola to drip feed us some negativity amid the Frank lovefest. It's Isola and unnamed sources, so always be skeptical but the idea that Mills and Perry's preferred scouts are clashing wouldn't surprise me.

94ecf8435f1ee308f838a513476a8be5.jpg

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Maybe I'm indifferent to popular belief but I believe the organization is more organic than ever. I don't think we failed in not acquiring KD or Kyrie. I think the entire front office is ecstatic to the direction we're going in. I don't think they're in the back scrambling for the next move like people think. In fact, I think they're probably smirking at how underrated this team will be this coming season.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Leave it to Isola to drip feed us some negativity amid the Frank lovefest. It's Isola and unnamed sources, so always be skeptical but the idea that Mills and Perry's preferred scouts are clashing wouldn't surprise me.

94ecf8435f1ee308f838a513476a8be5.jpg

I actually don’t see anything wrong with this. As long as the disagreements aren’t toxic, and decisions are made as diplomatically as possible, i think it’s healthy to have people with different opinions on players.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Frank really is growing into his frame and has an adult body. He does not have the speed to be a pg unless he is next to a facilitator wing like Doncic.

Which once again I am so thankful they didn’t add him to that trade he is exactly the type of player that squad needs to be half decent.

Frank should play the SG role like Batum does. Both he and Dotson at SG all game staggering each other would be great. Put RJ at the next to Randle and have Morris and Knox come off the bench. The team has depth, if RJ shows he can be a Doncic level facilitator then in spurts put both Frank and Dotson at the guard spots next to him.

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Frank really is growing into his frame and has an adult body. He does not have the speed to be a pg unless he is next to a facilitator wing like Doncic.

Which once again I am so thankful they didn’t add him to that trade he is exactly the type of player that squad needs to be half decent.

Frank should play the SG role like Batum does. Both he and Dotson at SG all game staggering each other would be great. Put RJ at the next to Randle and have Morris and Knox come off the bench. The team has depth, if RJ shows he can be a Doncic level facilitator then in spurts put both Frank and Dotson at the guard spots next to him.
If fiz can find lineups that work well :ohhh:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Frank keeping France hopes alive but Fournier and Gobert have been bad all game. Frank's the leading scorer brehs. 13 points on 6/9 shooting though he's missed some three's (no one on france is hitting three's today). 13, 2 and 2 with 2 TO's also. He got pulled just now for Albicy who has been terrible though...maybe they wanted to give him a breather but I don't get.

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Frank keeping France hopes alive but Fournier and Gobert have been bad all game. Frank's the leading scorer brehs. 13 points on 6/9 shooting though he's missed some three's (no one on france is hitting three's today). 13, 2 and 2 with 2 TO's also. He got pulled just now for Albicy who has been terrible though...maybe they wanted to give him a breather but I don't get.
I think he ended with 17 points. He did well and I’m proud that he stayed aggressive out there.

I fukkin hate how Argentina plays. They’re fukking annoying. Getting away with fouls flopping and shyt smh

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Finished with 16 on 7/12 shooting in a game where practically no one else shot well (Layberie was it...remember him?). Fournier and Gobert seemed to lose some of their poise to frustration, De Colo was solid but did it all at the line, Frank was the best player on both ends of the court but needed help. The bad? Frank's three ball wasn't there but the good news? He adjusted and stayed aggressive by dribbling in a couple of feet and knocked down everything. Then when guys bit on the midrange pressure, he drove and finished. The last couple of games he's finished over rim protectors with his off hand which is exciting if it sticks.

Legit, the last two games have been all the aggression you hope to see. It's not mistake free, like I said he missed three's today. But a lot of the flashes in different areas seem like they've come together in these past couple. The ball handle has been good, he's still moving the rock, but when teams take away the lanes he's willing to shoot or attack the lane which opens up everything. Argentina played to make the role players beat them and Frank was the only player to respond.

Last edited:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I think he ended with 17 points. He did well and I’m proud that he stayed aggressive out there.

I fukkin hate how Argentina plays. They’re fukking annoying. Getting away with fouls flopping and shyt smh

Couldn't miss from three too, though a couple of French players just were slow on close outs (could be tired legs because jumpers weren't falling either). This looked like a hangover game after a big win overall. Frank was the only one that stayed solid. Alibicy was really bad too. He started the second half, probably to try and beat Argentina with spacing (Layberie did too), but it was an epic fail.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

It probably sounds minor but Frank looks so much more comfortable using his left hand to dribble and it has opened up his ability to get places on the court in a big way (at least against the international competition so far). That he's been completely comfortable pulling the jumper when defenders drop off him is also the sort of small change that can be a big difference maker. The finishing inside has really started moreso in the latter games of this tournament, but it's promising to see...there's work to be done there. The three ball looks better too overall, though his past couple of games it's tapered off in efficiency. He's comfortable pulling them and at least today I thought everyone on France looked like their legs weren't fully under them.