NPR show breaks down how highways ruined black communities, and caused urban economic disparities

YamakaSmacker

Banned
Daps
For those in the DMV area, I have always thought this and left me:ohhh:.

Take the Beltway 495. As you go north through Montgomery County (the affluent white area), the highway curves and rounds many neighborhoods. Steering wheel stay turning.

Go the southern route through Prince George's County (the minority/ Black area), highway cut through with straightways like butter. Damn near get bored because you going straight for so long.

Cousin hipped me to this many years ago.
How old is 495. Pg used to be all white and so did southeast

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Said this in the HL thread.. but.. it seriously bears repeating

we've been fukked over every step of the way in this country :wow:

seriously.. I mean you had figured or knew some places.. but just how widespread shyt was/is...

and nah Nap I don't agree with that "take our place in american society" shyt you always espouse... how the fukk are we suppose to do that. When these ghouls have a hard-on for fukking with us nonstop.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
fukk Robert Moses

thank you.
that's the name i was trying to remember.

the Parkways in NYS were created in such a way to keep the urban populace from leaving the city.
even today the parkways don't allow buses and that was done on purpose by placing bridges above them that buses can't go under.

this was the plan.

little4209

All Star
Daps
thank you.
that's the name i was trying to remember.

the Parkways in NYS were created in such a way to keep the urban populace from leaving the city.
even today the parkways don't allow buses and that was done on purpose by placing bridges above them that buses can't go under.

this was the plan.

Yea I remember listening to another NPR podcast about this, I think it was This American Life...but yea it's crazy