NPD says MultiVersus best selling game in July

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Hard to believe that this franchise was struggling to get localized 10 years ago with the OG XC. Now it is the final of the big 3 for modern JRPGs for Nintendo alongside Pokemon and FIre Emblem.
All these games getting delayed and they released early doing numbers

small indie dev monolith soft showing it can be done :banderas:

Mr. Riddim

All Star
Daps
Gave it an honest shot, it's just not for me. Smash Ultimate just looks and feels way better but it's lack of futur support and less than stellar online leaves the perfect opening for MultiVersus to thrive.

Hopefully I'm more receptive in the near future.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Chance to become the next Fortnite? :mjlol: y'all just blurt out any ridiculous thing don't you. In no world does a fighting game have the appeal of a BR shooter. fukk outta here
Great debut but notice how Smash is the 12th best selling game of the month despite having released almost 4 years ago? :heh:
Great debut but let's see if anyone cares about this a few months from now
I know competitive Smash players were deep throating that Nickelodeon Smash clone and then forgot it existed after like 2 months.

I’ve been playing MultiVersus for a few weeks now this shyt going way farther than any other platform fighter that isn’t Smash :hubie: They’re essentially dropping new characters every few weeks and the game director is very active on twitter with updates/feedback. They are strong in areas where Nintendo is weak in terms of online play and supporting the competitive scene. It was actually pretty crazy seeing people at Evo using all kinds of xbox, ps4, ps5, gamecube controllers, KEYBOARDS, and fight sticks, with many of the duos using different peripherals themselves. It shows the kind of reach this game has

Smash is a 20 year franchise so it’s obviously got the legacy and prestige, but MultiVersus has the IP and gameplay to be a legit modern alternative. I wouldn’t sleep on it:sas2:

Gave it an honest shot, it's just not for me. Smash Ultimate just looks and feels way better but it's lack of futur support and less than stellar online leaves the perfect opening for MultiVersus to thrive.

Hopefully I'm more receptive in the near future.

When playing try not to compare it smash and learn it as it’s own game. It’s a platform fighter with many similarities but the movement and recovery mechanics are a lot different along with how some of the attacks work. I had to rewire my brain a bit but once it clicked:banderas:

Ya Sinning Mane

Superstar
Daps
It’s cool the first hour.
Uninstalled tho

Major Cons
unoriginal fortnite Interface
Art direction

The way some characters move needs to be refined
It’s not completely smooth
Quite a clunky feel to it at times
Hit registration is questionable at times in 2v2 for me

If it gets refined and more characters it can easily sit top the mountain wit smash

I don’t think they need to many characters tbh.:hubie:just perfect what u got-for now and add them later on

Sounds stupid but to many charcters turns me off