NPD says MultiVersus best selling game in July

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I haven't bought yet, but its nice to see Xenoblade in the top 5. Also, surprised to see Digimon in the top 10

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
And yet, i heard Halo Infinite was a 10 year game :manny:

:russ:Y'all always get triggered with this. Just like the UK dude says weekly.

When it comes to PSN downloads for July, Horizon Forbidden West isn't charting in the top 20 in either the the PS4 or PS5 charts. Aren't we at like 75% digital sales for Playstation now? So how can a game have no real digital presence yet be in the top five in NPD overall? It's bundle driven.

I'm legit not even knocking the hustle. I just want to know what kind of compromising material Guerilla has on Jim Ryan because we are two games into the franchise now and Sony has moved with this franchise differently than have ever moved with any other franchise of their's. Like, why haven't they been told to hold your own nuts like Bend Studio was with Days Gone? That's what I would love to know.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:russ:Y'all always get triggered with this. Just like the UK dude says weekly.

When it comes to PSN downloads for July, Horizon Forbidden West isn't charting in the top 20 in either the the PS4 or PS5 charts. Aren't we at like 75% digital sales for Playstation now? So how can a game have no real digital presence yet be in the top five in NPD overall? It's bundle driven.

I'm legit not even knocking the hustle. I just want to know what kind of compromising material Guerilla has on Jim Ryan because we are two games into the franchise now and Sony has moved with this franchise differently than have ever moved with any other franchise of their's. Like, why haven't they been told to hold your own nuts like Bend Studio was with Days Gone? That's what I would love to know.

Still the 4th best selling game of the year without bundles :manny:

Bundled games aren;t counted on the NPD, if they were it’d be the number one seller in July becuase of the huge amount of PS5 restocks just like the UK

Again, ask yourself why microsoft can’t get a game to chart at all even a month after releasing two big games

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Still the 4th best selling game of the year without bundles :manny:

Bundled games aren;t counted on the NPD, if they were it’d be the number one seller in July becuase of the huge amount of PS5 restocks just like the UK

Again, ask yourself why microsoft can’t get a game to chart at all even a month after releasing two big games
Lego Star Wars has sold 5 million copies this year worldwide. It launched at 49.99. Being generous and saying 50% were sold in the states, that puts 2.5 million sold at 125 million dollars. 90% of all HFW have roughly be sold on PS5 so the average price is $68.99. To match the revenue of star wars, it would have sold 1.8 million copies max before the bundles here in the states. That's great, that's fine.

However, you've made the precursor to my point now. I know NPD doesn't count bundles here so when Sony gets to doing their creative, fugazi accounting and drops that inevitable Horizon Forbidden West sales press release for _______ sold, I'm going to refer everyone to the post I'm quoting and simply say

'Sony is lying and you know that they are lying because Gizmo told you so.

NPD doesn't count sales in bundles. Sony does.

So, pardon me while I wait.

chris-rock-that-trains-never-late.gif

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Lego Star Wars has sold 5 million copies this year worldwide. It launched at 49.99. Being generous and saying 50% were sold in the states, that puts 2.5 million sold at 125 million dollars. 90% of all HFW have roughly be sold on PS5 so the average price is $68.99. To match the revenue of star wars, it would have sold 1.8 million copies max before the bundles here in the states. That's great, that's fine.

However, you've made the precursor to my point now. I know NPD doesn't count bundles here so when Sony gets to doing their creative, fugazi accounting and drops that inevitable Horizon Forbidden West sales press release for _______ sold, I'm going to refer everyone to the post I'm quoting and simply say

Well ok, enjoy i guess, its gonna hit 20m either way :manny:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

:wow:

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Chance to become the next Fortnite? :mjlol: y'all just blurt out any ridiculous thing don't you. In no world does a fighting game have the appeal of a BR shooter. fukk outta here
Great debut but notice how Smash is the 12th best selling game of the month despite having released almost 4 years ago? :heh:
Great debut but let's see if anyone cares about this a few months from now
I know competitive Smash players were deep throating that Nickelodeon Smash clone and then forgot it existed after like 2 months.