Now that N7 Day is done; Mass Effect Remade could save the franchise

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
It’s called Andromeda and not ME 4 for a reason. Y’all gotta get over your Shepard love fest. It’s been 600 years. It’s over.

If I was judging ME 1 like you guys judged Andromeda I wouldn’t have even thought about playing the next games in the series. shyt was mediocre. But they came out with something better.

They fukked up with Andromeda on some things (no renegade and paragon options) but you nikkas let nostalgia cloud your view. I hope they come out with a sequel set in Andromeda with Ryder just to piss you nikkas off because I know y’all gone buy the shyt regardless.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It’s called Andromeda and not ME 4 for a reason. Y’all gotta get over your Shepard love fest. It’s been 600 years. It’s over.

If I was judging ME 1 like you guys judged Andromeda I wouldn’t have even thought about playing the next games in the series. shyt was mediocre. But they came out with something better.

They fukked up with Andromeda on some things (no renegade and paragon options) but you nikkas let nostalgia cloud your view. I hope they come out with a sequel set in Andromeda with Ryder just to piss you nikkas off because I know y’all gone buy the shyt regardless.

Breh all due respect but the shyt you're saying makes no sense....it's impossible to judge "ME1" like "Andromeda" because "ME1" was the first game so there was no expectations....the expectations going into "Andromeda" were based on the original trilogy. And I'm :dead: at "the first game was mediocre"....the shyt came out 10 years ago and there was nothing like it at the time, so again....it's like saying PS1 is mediocre because you own a PS4. The PS4 didn't exist at the time for you to compare the two, so it's a moot point.

Lastly, it's called "Andromeda" and not "ME4" for a reason, yeah....the reason being the entire trilogy dev crew bounced to make "Anthem".

Fred.

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
Breh all due respect but the shyt you're saying makes no sense....it's impossible to judge "ME1" like "Andromeda" because "ME1" was the first game so there was no expectations....the expectations going into "Andromeda" were based on the original trilogy. And I'm :dead: at "the first game was mediocre"....the shyt came out 10 years ago and there was nothing like it at the time, so again....it's like saying PS1 is mediocre because you own a PS4. The PS4 didn't exist at the time for you to compare the two, so it's a moot point.

Lastly, it's called "Andromeda" and not "ME4" for a reason, yeah....the reason being the entire trilogy dev crew bounced to make "Anthem".

Fred.

Your last paragraph negated your first one. It’s a new studio doing this shyt right? So same rules should apply? And yes ME1 was really mediocre. I had to power through that shyt. 2 and 3 are much better.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
You know what Mass Effect and XBOX have in common?

Nothing can save the franchise at this point

tenor.gif

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville

Okay, you played the series.

What should we let go from the trilogy? Let Shepard out of this because he/she is probably dead.

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
Okay, you played the series.

What should we let go from the trilogy? Let Shepard out of this because he/she is probably dead.

The Milky Way Galaxy amd most of its characters. At least for now. Andromeda needs to be expanded on. We need to explore more clusters and meet more species. There’s endless possibilities right now and people can’t see that vision for some odd reason.

People don’t know what they want until they get it. The next ME game could be the best in the series for all anyone knows. This was just an introduction.

llt23

All Star
Daps
The Milky Way Galaxy amd most of its characters. At least for now. Andromeda needs to be expanded on. We need to explore more clusters and meet more species. There’s endless possibilities right now and people can’t see that vision for some odd reason.

People don’t know what they want until they get it. The next ME game could be the best in the series for all anyone knows. This was just an introduction.

I agree with this and that would be fine. That is kind of the idea of Andromeda. The execution was really poor though. Angara werent very interesting, and the antagonist was lame. So lame that the devs forgot to program a boss fight against him.

Andromeda had a lot of problems besides animations. Most of the main mission gameplay was super reptitive, horde mode esque BS. Which makes sense since it was developed by the ME3 multiplayer guys who only knew how to make horde mode. Just straight up cover shooter, then another wave comes in....then another....rinse repeat. Lazy padding.Same with all those giant puzzle dungeons, whatever they were called. Straight up copy/paste jobs. Visually identical, gameplay identical. And the only boss fight in the game, that giant worm is copy pasted all over the place instead of creating new enemy types.

Aside from the pathfinder and the AI plot, I already forgot the name of the main villain and what his purpose was. It wasnt THAT long ago that I played andromeda to completion right???

Just wasnt good storytelling, and combined with bad gameplay choices they ruined it for me.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville

So basically; space and time

Okay, now;
  • Am I also supposed to give up interesting characters? Again, forget Miranda, Jack, Garrus and Mordin. Vetra was the stereotypical big sister (My-little-sister-doesn't-know-what-she's-getting-herself-into). Pebe was the stereotypical rebel. Ryder had no real development (Cora should've been the Pathfinder really). Cora just wanted to be a Asari. Drack was old. In vacuum, these characters were one dimensional and don't really change from Hour 1 to Hour 25.
  • Am I supposed to give up the politics and faction aspects? The fact Salarians had zero real beef with Krogans made zero sense. The lil beef they had was quickly quelled. The Turian were basically human bulters. And the Asari were non factors.
  • Am I supposed to give up the three squadmate system? Because Mass Effect had it's own way of combat outside of run and gun. I hated that the only control you had over your squad was "Stay" "Go." You couldn't even do team up biotic attack unless you guessed what your squad did. A lot of times I didn't even know where they were.
  • Am I supposed to give up on good writing? You can't give me half of breakfast and expect me to be excited about lunch. More than likely like just getting the other half of breakfast and it's gonna be cold. Breh, I have no want to play this game, again. I was not that interesting. I paid full price. I want to get my money's worth, but, I can't think of one mission I'd like to relive. Nothing really stayed with me.
  • I'm tired of open world games where you spend most of the time doing chores that have nothing to do with the story.
  • The whole way they did loyalty missions was corny. "Meet me on the ship" "Okay, meet me on this planet" "Okay, meet me back on the ship, but, in another area" [Mission] "Okay, meet me on another planet"
  • Exploration :mjlol:??? We drove around on a planet with stuff already on it, shot Kett and scanned stuff. Yea, me got to put a human base on most of the planets.
:yeshrug:Without mentioning the trilogy's Setting or Characters, nor comparing it, I just fleshed out some of things I don't like about the game.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Yo, I'm still mad they put Zaaed's son in the game like we was supposed to be like ":ohhh:Yo, that's Zaaed son? :krs:"

Sense when did he have a son? :stopitslime:he didn't meantion it once in two games.

Oh, yea, because Thane had a bounty hunter wannabe son? :mjlol:

That's why I call it Mass Effect Jr. They hired a bunch of inexperience fanboys/girls to make this game.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I'd cop again I never played any game like I did mass effect

I enjoyed it all, I was a beast driving the mako, I was a beast with every weapon.

My shepherd was that nukka