Now that N7 Day is done; Mass Effect Remade could save the franchise

Easy-E

I đź’—My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Yes, it one of my favorite games ever, but, it's 10 years old and dated as a muh.

I don't mean just updated the graphics. Streamline SOME of the inventory system and update the Mako.

Maybe even add an extension to expand on the lore and get new fans in.

Too many Gears/CoD fans liked Andromeda and we (long time fans) weren't looking for a third person shooter.

Andromeda had a descent system, but, this remake would need to be grounded in the first games system and just update it.

I'm jealous at the upcoming Final Fantasy 7 and Shadows of Colossus remakes :to:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Yes, it one of my favorite games ever, but, it's 10 years old and dated as a muh.

I don't mean just updated the graphics. Streamline SOME of the inventory system and update the Mako.

Maybe even add an extension to expand on the lore and get new fans in.

Too many Gears/CoD fans liked Andromeda and we (long time fans) weren't looking for a third person shooter.

Andromeda had a descent system, but, this remake would need to be grounded in the first games system and just update it.

I'm jealous at the upcoming Final Fantasy 7 and Shadows of Colossus remakes :to:

I'm also not ashamed to say I'd cop if they remastered the trilogy for this gen. Day one it if it meant another chance for the series to come out the bushes with a proper game. :mjcry:

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
No. Maybe rerelease the game with all dlc or discount the dlc, but the game doesn’t need to be remade.

They need to show dedication to this franchise. Shepard story is done and I believe they need to continue the story in Andromeda. Since they aren’t doing dlc anymore they have a lot a material they can sort from for a sequel. Make sure you don’t repeat the same steps they did with Andromeda and flesh out the story.

I wasn’t there at launch so I avoided the disappointment. But I believe they can do for The Andromeda series what Ubisoft did for the Watch Dogs series.

Easy-E

I đź’—My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
I'm also not ashamed to say I'd cop if they remastered the trilogy for this gen. Day one it if it meant another chance for the series to come out the bushes with a proper game. :mjcry:
I don't think they should remaster the entire series TBH

Especially ME3

Remaster/Update/Remake 1, then, get ready for a true Mass Effect 4 and just have the stones to pick a cannon ending to ME3 and continue the game from there

One of my biggest issues with ME:A is that it's so disconnected from the trilogy, it may as well be a spinoff (to never be revisited again, IMO)

The reason I didn't want a remaster during the production of Andromeda was man power

And it's was exposed that they barely had enough to even make one game let alone a game and three remasters

Remaking the first game will reintroduce people to the series

I'd have a hard time recommending someone pick up Mass Effect 1 to playthrough the series in 2017/2018

That's a way to get new fans and reintroduce the series in the right direction for the dedicated fanbase

Easy-E

I đź’—My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
No. Maybe rerelease the game with all dlc or discount the dlc, but the game doesn’t need to be remade.

They need to show dedication to this franchise. Shepard story is done and I believe they need to continue the story in Andromeda. Since they aren’t doing dlc anymore they have a lot a material they can sort from for a sequel. Make sure you don’t repeat the same steps they did with Andromeda and flesh out the story.

I wasn’t there at launch so I avoided the disappointment. But I believe they can do for The Andromeda series what Ubisoft did for the Watch Dogs series.
I have a real question, I'm not trying to be an ass.

What the hell is so interesting in that game that needs to be expanded?

I, personally, didn't even care about a Quarian Ark DLC.

The Jordann? The Remnants?

It can't be anything related to the trilogy because everyone (save maybe Liara) is dead 600 years later

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
I have a real question, I'm not trying to be an ass.

What the hell is so interesting in that game that needs to be expanded?

I, personally, didn't even care about a Quarian Ark DLC.

The Jordann? The Remnants?

It can't be anything related to the trilogy because everyone (save maybe Liara) is dead 600 years later

I want to know more about the Jordan and why they created the Angara. I want to know more about the Kett's motives across the Andromeda Galaxy. Archon went rogue and I want to see their true motives. We are literally in one cluster. Think of it as the Local Cluster in the OT. There's so much to be explored on. Who's the Collector, Jain Garson's death, more species throughout the galaxy, introducing the galaxy to Relay technology if they don't have access to it already. Andromeda is a big place, and they've barely scratched the surface.

The Milky Way galaxy has been explored and done and has been fleshed out already. Maybe after they truly wrap up the Andromeda story, they can merge the two galaxies so that people can travel across them freely or something. It's been 600 years, Shepards dead and there are new challenges in Andromeda.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Andromeda hate is unwarranted, especially if you're talking lore.

A couple of graphical glitches shouldnt cloud your judgment

Easy-E

I đź’—My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Andromeda hate is unwarranted, especially if you're talking lore.

A couple of graphical glitches shouldnt cloud your judgment

Be easy with that. No one's judgement is clouded.

I literally have no reason to hate this game other than the game itself. I didn't even catch how bad the animations were until the internet complained.

They fixed it and I still have no desire to play.

It's crazy how the people invested in the series the most dislike it the most.

And the newer fans love this game.

@Black Ken is interested in the Jordaan, Remnants, "the Collector," and mystery species, when that should've been spelled out in the game already to get people interested.

In Mass Effect 1; you knew every species in the universe, minus maybe the species the Shadow Broker is. You knew EXACTLY what the Reapers wanted to do and how they planned to do so.

You understood Indoctrination. The politics that divide all the main species. You explored the entire cluster in one way or another. If you catch it; EDI is even teased before being properly introduced.

With all the loose ends (and they are loose) you just are hopeing there's more to it.

And I can't see how you can holp for the best when they plan to release a book to tell you want happened with the Quarians. The Collector has no real effect on the exploration. I don't see what's so interesting about the Agarian. This creator/creation thing was already done with the Geth and Quarians...and the plate was set for that in the first game.

Again, people seem to be "hoping" the next Andromeda game is more interesting based on things that were never explained in the first game.

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
Be easy with that. No one's judgement is clouded.

I literally have no reason to hate this game other than the game itself. I didn't even catch how bad the animations were until the internet complained.

They fixed it and I still have no desire to play.

It's crazy how the people invested in the series the most dislike it the most.

And the newer fans love this game.

@Black Ken is interested in the Jordaan, Remnants, "the Collector," and mystery species, when that should've been spelled out in the game already to get people interested.

In Mass Effect 1; you knew every species in the universe, minus maybe the species the Shadow Broker is. You knew EXACTLY what the Reapers wanted to do and how they planned to do so.

You understood Indoctrination. The politics that divide all the main species. You explored the entire cluster in one way or another. If you catch it; EDI is even teased before being properly introduced.

With all the loose ends (and they are loose) you just are hopeing there's more to it.

And I can't see how you can holp for the best when they plan to release a book to tell you want happened with the Quarians. The Collector has no real effect on the exploration. I don't see what's so interesting about the Agarian. This creator/creation thing was already done with the Geth and Quarians...and the plate was set for that in the first game.

Again, people seem to be "hoping" the next Andromeda game is more interesting based on things that were never explained in the first game.

I'm not saying the game is perfect. Yes a lot of these things should have been told in the story, but they weren't. Doesn't make the story a disappointment, it just means it was underwhelming to a lot of people. This is stuff you can fix in sequels.

I can't do anything but hope. Because of how negatively fans viewed this game, they cut DLC for the game. Whether or not the hate is warranted or not is a different story, but I went back to view hate on the ME3 and people complained about that game too. Mainly the ending. My point is you can't make everyone happy.

I believe they'll come back to the game. Maybe 2020 we'll see something, but right now they're focus is tied up in Anthem (which looks generic as hell btw). They're releasing the Quarian book/comic thing because all of their resources have been taken away from developing the DLC. It is what it is.

Easy-E

I đź’—My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
I'm not saying the game is perfect. Yes a lot of these things should have been told in the story, but they weren't. Doesn't make the story a disappointment, it just means it was underwhelming to a lot of people. This is stuff you can fix in sequels.

I can't do anything but hope. Because of how negatively fans viewed this game, they cut DLC for the game. Whether or not the hate is warranted or not is a different story, but I went back to view hate on the ME3 and people complained about that game too. Mainly the ending. My point is you can't make everyone happy.

I believe they'll come back to the game. Maybe 2020 we'll see something, but right now they're focus is tied up in Anthem (which looks generic as hell btw). They're releasing the Quarian book/comic thing because all of their resources have been taken away from developing the DLC. It is what it is.
I definitely respect ya'll opinion.

I just expect ya'll to understand that we have been waiting on the series to continue from the trilogy for years.

People hated the ending to ME3...that's it. That game is arguably the best game in the series and that's even though it's the least RPG game out of a RPG series. And really it's just the way the ending was executed.

Most people just wanted to know what happened to our crew and actually wanted different endings.

And want we got was;

1) A story that had nothing to do with the characters, factions, political issues or the existential threat from the first three games

2) Story elements that basically redid a lot of the plot points done already (aka Jordaans/Agarian are the same story as Geth/Quarians)

3) A game purposely not finished because we were expected to be so thirsty

4) The same basic "I want to destroy the world just because" bad guy

5) an improved Mako

6) Run and gun gameplay...again, Mass Effect fans didn't want to play CoD/Battlefield

I'd rather them take a lot of the great parts of Andromeda and just make a ME4

ME
isn't just about Shepard and the Alliance; I'd love to explore post Genophage Krogan world; Rebuilding Palaven; Quarians on Raanooch

^^^ they spend three games and five years fleshing this out and then half ass'd (read that Kotaku article on the development) this game

In terms of an overall game; they have a great foundation

Storywise, I'd rather them move on from Andromeda...especially away from Ryder's Story (I will not even get into I wack I think they are)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Man, fukk "Andromeda". Let's put it like this....given the chance to bring back Shepard and the OG cast....or find out what happens after "Andromeda"....nobody would give a fukk about Ryder.

People love to blame EA for everything but Bioware gotta be some of the dumbest devs in the history of gaming. They had a all time great character and supporting cast and they threw them in the bushes for characters pretty much nobody gives a fukk about. It would be like if Nintendo announced the next "Zelda" game don't have Link, the main character is Tingle. Actually Nintendo would probably make that work somehow but you get my point.

Fred.

dakidblu

We Out Here!
Daps
Remaster the original 3. Bring shepard back somehow and bush ryder punk ass.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Easy-E

I đź’—My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Man, fukk "Andromeda". Let's put it like this....given the chance to bring back Shepard and the OG cast....or find out what happens after "Andromeda"....nobody would give a fukk about Ryder.

People love to blame EA for everything but Bioware gotta be some of the dumbest devs in the history of gaming. They had a all time great character and supporting cast and they threw them in the bushes for characters pretty much nobody gives a fukk about. It would be like if Nintendo announced the next "Zelda" game don't have Link, the main character is Tingle. Actually Nintendo would probably make that work somehow but you get my point.

Fred.

:dead:

A Street Fighter Game with no Chun Li, Ken, Blanka, Ryu, Bison, Vegas, Sagat, etc. :russ: