Now that Big KRIT outsold Waka; Def Jam need to open that budget.

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
Understood. I give Waka all the credit he is due. Solid artist. However can we agree that KRIT is at his best when he is free to sample?

This is not a debate of competition between the two artist but more of a business observation. Imagine if KRIT got Kanye freedoms to sample and put together a "Through the wire" or "Good Life", would those not hang around longer than Waka's party records? Would those not sell more than Waka's party music?

I think a lot of artists are better off when they are free to sample. Certainly Krit would benefit from being able to sample any record and letting his creative juices flow, hes talented. The person who is being asked for permission to sample the record could ask too much though. Everyone still needs to make money. Sometimes it doesn't make sense. Kanye can sample anything because hes shown he can generate big money with songs. Once Krit does that using easier to clear samples then he could hit up Daft Punk or Michael Jackson's publishing.

I don't think its fair to take two records we already know are big from a completely different artist and try to compare them to Waka. Im also not saying Krit is not talented or arguing about quality of records. I am strictly coming from a business stand point here because the money side dictates the budget.

labelplant

Wilt Chamberlain
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Like people said, I want to see the album numbers in 2/3 months. If KRIT still has higher sales, than we can talk.

TheRtist

Superstar
Daps
Like people said, I want to see the album numbers in 2/3 months. If KRIT still has higher sales, than we can talk.

the fact that KRIT beat him in any numbers game matters off the simple fact he gets way less radio play/shows/promo..etc.

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
:ehh: congrats to him....don't really listen to him like that....but he's alright....nice change of pace for "southern rap"....appreciated... whether this can transform into radio play is something else....

Question: If you in Mississippi do they play his music on the radio?????

I was disgusted with NC radio for as far as I could tell never playing Little Brother music .... :manny:

Cam'run Miles

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Krit was on MTV Sucker Free recently and he said he's probably gonna reach out to other producers on his next album and do more singing.

DeVanteSwing

Flop Champion
Daps
Solid, loyal fanbase > radio

in the long run of course, waka's still that dude though

director_of_bands

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
qc NC
this may piss some of you off but krit's ugk-flow is kind of tired as well - thus explaining his need for samples...:manny: