Now that Big KRIT outsold Waka; Def Jam need to open that budget.

TheRtist

Superstar
Daps
:usure: waka has 6 singles that have charted billboard; krit has 0....and the difference between 40thou and 30thou aint that much :manny:

exactly my point.

If KRIT had at least 1 single to hit Billboard his sales would be way bigger than they already are than Waka's.

AND Waka only had 2 singles for this project.

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
Of course Waka is a bigger artist, he is on the radio all day. I just said now considering the fact he held up well against the other album that came out the south Def Jam should open up his budget for his next project so he can get some songs pushed to radio as hard as Waka got.

Selling 8k more albums than Waka first week doesn't mean he should get a bigger budget though. Waka's album most likely will hang around for a while as some of those take off in the South and in clubs just like the last one did. Waka makes big party records, it isn't just them 'pushing' his singles. Give the guy some credit at least.

Krit doesn't make big party records. Not his style/lane. I don't think he needs a push either. People will slowly come around as he tours and does more collaborations.

TheRtist

Superstar
Daps
Selling 8k more albums than Waka first week doesn't mean he should get a bigger budget though. Waka's album most likely will hang around for a while as some of those take off in the South and in clubs just like the last one did. Waka makes big party records, it isn't just them 'pushing' his singles. Give the guy some credit at least.

Krit doesn't make big party records. Not his style/lane. I don't think he needs a push either. People will slowly come around as he tours and does more collaborations.

Understood. I give Waka all the credit he is due. Solid artist. However can we agree that KRIT is at his best when he is free to sample?

This is not a debate of competition between the two artist but more of a business observation. Imagine if KRIT got Kanye freedoms to sample and put together a "Through the wire" or "Good Life", would those not hang around longer than Waka's party records? Would those not sell more than Waka's party music?

director_of_bands

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
qc NC
exactly my point.

If KRIT had at least 1 single to hit Billboard his sales would be way bigger than they already are than Waka's.

AND Waka only had 2 singles for this project.

I like krit but he's just not delivering the type of material that Def Jam would be willing to service to radio. And his material does not really fit in with the current wave of hiphop/r&b-radio right now..I skimmed through the album and I didn't hear anything that sounded like it could be pushed as a single :manny:

TheRtist

Superstar
Daps
I like krit but he's just not delivering the type of material that Def Jam is willing to service to radio. And his material does not really fit in with the current wave of hiphop/r&b-radio right now..I skimmed through the album and I didn't hear anything that sounded like it could be pushed as a single :manny:

cuz he wasnt free to sample.:stopitslime:

the whole point of this thread.

28 Gramz

How U Luv That???
Daps
Reppin
Tre-4,North Carolina
This thread is the truth. Big KRIT without the sampls just doesn't sound right..who knows how many songs from R4/4evanaday were meant to actually be on the album. That's the only way one of his retail albums will live up to the potential.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
record sales dont matter how about single sales?

TheRtist

Superstar
Daps
ok then these krit songs wit the samples that you are referring to - i haven't heard any yet - please put me on....post one if you don't mind

original version.>>>

all radio worthy

Last edited by a moderator:

stealthbomber

cruising at 30,000
Daps
Reppin
the best coast
record sales dont matter how about single sales?

he didnt get to sample like he ususally does.

these all coulda been radio singles

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOLvByh2KSU[/ame]

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7uFynCbDxo[/ame]

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nfo7CmbxAsM[/ame]

TheRtist

Superstar
Daps
if J. Cole can get in the Top 100 with 'Who Dat'/'Work Out' KRIT can top the charts with that same budget/freedom.