Notorious Big Funeral Casket Pictures *THE COLI EXCLUSIVE*

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
SvJh3If.jpg

who's this?

U really think Puffy was up there smiling just to be smiing with all them hurt folks in there???
Looks like Salt from Salt & Pepa.

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
I just got flashbacks of when I seen the pic of Big Pun in the casket with his TS chain. :snoop:

I hate people taking pics of people in caskets(mainly people I knew in casket) I almost beat a bytch up at my granny funeral when they opened the casket and she whipped her phone out.

Never understood why folks take photo's at funerals...especially photos of the deceased and especially without prior permission from the deceased's fam...and then especially to go post on FB to solicit sympathy and likes:what:

But everyone mourns differently tho.:hubie:

Seein BIG like that is just :to:

for the most part the women seemed more composed than the guys. :wow:

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
I heard about these pics but never saw them. I wonder why they had that white sheer over his casket, i never seen that before. I was a pallbearer at my cousins funeral last month and I guess the funeral home allows people to take pics at the wake but it's up to the family at the funeral. But I have been to funerals where people were in there snappin' pics like it's was a damn photo shoot, very cringe worthy.

Sometimes a veil is offered or used when the cosmetics don't entirely cover the trauma, yet an open casket is still requested. BIG had a Catholic upbringing I think, and Catholics have historically used veils if I'm not mistaken. Sometimes, some families opt to remove it.

As for the underlined, a lot of "mourners" use funerals just to stunt and "signify" and "see and be seen"... been that way forever. Elderly and seniors (speaking of mainly senior women) lose so many, funerals are the one time they get to share all the gossip and news. Almost seems like they used to embrace going to funerals to socialize.

U.S. funerals...black U.S. funerals especially have always seemed odd to me. A mix of :to: and grandstanding ... just difficult, socially, to reconcile.

I done lost so many, I've seen the paparazzi pix at the casket. Arguments... etc.

I honestly think less black folks are having funerals... low key, I don't even hardly see funeral processions anymore.

I was talking with a funeral home director and he flat out told me, more black folks are opting for cremation and no service or anything because the price of funerals has gone up so much.

Cremation isn't "cheap" either... costs a lil' doe to burn up a body. :usure:

Y'all make sure your affairs are in order. You never know. If you really love ya fam save some doe so you can at least bury yaself and don't leave that burden on them. Especially if you know they ain't cakin' like that.

Most cities ain't paying to bury the indigent anymore :usure:

Getcha certs or ya gofundme game up :mjlol:

Other cultures do it better than us, IMO.

Back in the day, older folks in my fam said the casket and body used to be in YOUR HOUSE. :merchant:

I hate how the average nikka have no context of the situation or any situation in life. Puffy is the only one in the pics pictured on the podium, everybody else is pictured over Big's casket crying. Puffy most likely was speaking and reminiscing over the great times he had with Big. Funerals are sad, but also are a celebration of some one's life, especially when that person like Big actually accomplished something.

Yeah. It's cool to note that Puff was smiling (and I'll dap for the observation), but to insinuate anything else isn't fair to him. Ideally, funerals should be a celebration of life as you said. Folks must not have have been a lot of funerals. Often some people are smiling, cracking jokes... etc. Doesn't mean anything sinister or that folks didn't love the deceased.

Last edited: