Notice Of Separation: The 2023 NBA Free agency/Off-Season Thread

Braman

Superstar
Daps
He’s better than Simons, Herro, and Poole. Unfortunately that’s the market. Van Vleet is a championship pg imo. Dog on both ends when he’s healthy

Debateable. Situational.

All 3 of them have their games put in a box bc of who’s next to them. All 3 would avg 25 a game on a normal team. FVV is nice but smaller and older.

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
He’s better than Simons, Herro, and Poole. Unfortunately that’s the market. Van Vleet is a championship pg imo. Dog on both ends when he’s healthy

The only one he might be better than is Poole. He's a better defender than all 3, but noticeably worse as an offensive player, passer and he processes things happening on the floor slower than Simons or Herro. Anyone giving him $30 mil a year is making a big mistake, especially when Nick Nurse has ran him into the ground for the last 3 seasons.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
the issue with Tobias isn't his production or lack thereof at times. The issue is that he's the perfect player that makes hypocrites out of everyone.

He's the guy you tell bad teams to overpay because they're bad and he's better than nothing, but then he plays and you complain why he's not living up to his deal.
That’s the big problem. At $20M AAV he’s great. At 40M….. :huhldup:

He’s a good player with a great player’s contract.

iamduval

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The only one he might be better than is Poole. He's a better defender than all 3, but noticeably worse as an offensive player, passer and he processes things happening on the floor slower than Simons or Herro. Anyone giving him $30 mil a year is making a big mistake, especially when Nick Nurse has ran him into the ground for the last 3 seasons.

Herro can’t dribble or pass. Simons is a complete liability on defense. Give me the point guard who can shoot and defend his position

There’s a reason why Simons and Herro are on the market and struggling to get moved

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Herro can’t dribble or pass. Simons is a complete liability on defense. Give me the point guard who can shoot and defend his position

There’s a reason why Simons and Herro are on the market and struggling to get moved
You think Herro can't dribble? He isn't Trae or Kyrie but he does have functional handles. Nothing like Simons or Poole who can hit you with dribble combos constantly

iamduval

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You think Herro can't dribble? He isn't Trae or Kyrie but he does have functional handles. Nothing like Simons or Poole who can hit you with dribble combos constantly

Being a functional NBA guard is one thing. Being able to make decisions out of a trap, bring the ball up against press, accurate movement passing etc is an entirely different level.

Tyler is an ideal 6 man. Fred is a high level starter. I don’t even understand the argument.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Being a functional NBA guard is one thing. Being able to make decisions out of a trap, bring the ball up against press, accurate movement passing etc is an entirely different level.

Tyler is an ideal 6 man. Fred is a high level starter. I don’t even understand the argument.
That wasn't my argument. It was just I disagreed when you said he can't dribble