Notice Of Separation: The 2023 NBA Free agency/Off-Season Thread

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
My little opinion about this whole Miami/Portland/Dame stalemate...

Contrary to popular belief, I think Portland would gladly accept Miami's trade offer but, I've always felt that's not what's been holding up the trade 🤷🏾‍♀️.

The real issue is that Portland just doesn't wanna say goodbye and end this relationship, so GM Cronin (or however you spell his name) is purposely stalling and delaying the inevitable in hopes of maybe Dame just caving in and staying with the Blazers for at least another season and knowing Dame I highly doubt he would deliberately sit out games (like Ben Simmons did) until he gets traded and Portland knows this as well.

When the Blazers drafted Scoot, they drafted him with the intention that he and Dame would play together. They weren't ever going to trade Dame until he made the request and that's why I believe it's not so much about the package, Blazers just don't want to trade him at all but Dame put them in a tough situation. Not because he only wants to go to Miami but because he asked out in the first place.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My little opinion about this whole Miami/Portland/Dame stalemate...

Contrary to popular belief, I think Portland would gladly accept Miami's trade offer but, I've always felt that's not what's been holding up the trade 🤷🏾‍♀️.

The real issue is that Portland just doesn't wanna say goodbye and end this relationship, so GM Cronin (or however you spell his name) is purposely stalling and delaying the inevitable in hopes of maybe Dame just caving in and staying with the Blazers for at least another season and knowing Dame I highly doubt he would deliberately sit out games (like Ben Simmons did) until he gets traded and Portland knows this as well.

When the Blazers drafted Scoot, they drafted him with the intention that he and Dame would play together. They weren't ever going to trade Dame until he made the request and that's why I believe it's not so much about the package, Blazers just don't want to trade him at all but Dame put them in a tough situation. Not because he only wants to go to Miami but because he asked out in the first place.
It’s all About business. Dame is a draw. They love him In Portland like Houston love Harden and GSW love Curry. They don’t want to lose that draw. They haven’t develop that yet with Scoot.

Last edited: