Notice Of Separation: The 2023 NBA Free agency/Off-Season Thread

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
This was a huge mistake by Charlotte to not sign bridges. They could have locked him in long term on a discount bc of the off court stuff, but they probably went a lil too far with lowballing him

Now he’ll likely be a model citizen, ball out, and have max offers from every team with cap space. And he’s talented enough that teams will open up cap space for him. Detroit already looks like they will be ready.
Klutch had no interest in locking him into a longterm discount this offseason, a 1 year prove it deal was always the plan for Bridges.

It's honestly a win-win for Charlotte, if he comes out locked in, motivated, and performs they'll have his bird rights and the cap space to match any offer he gets or orchestrate a S&T and get something for him. If he flops then they further dodged a bullet.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Klutch had no interest in locking him into a longterm discount this offseason, a 1 year prove it deal was always the plan for Bridges.

It's honestly a win-win for Charlotte, if he comes out locked in, motivated, and performs they'll have his bird rights and the cap space to match any offer he gets or orchestrate a S&T and get something for him. If he flops then they further dodged a bullet.
I get guys gambling on themselves, but this is pretty much the second or really third year of bridges doing it.

Like... this is all to hope that another team offers so much that we'd have to match far beyond what's currently being offered. He can't even demand a trade the same as everyone else because he'd be losing money potentially.

Good for the team, sure, but idk if its really all that smart for him

Braman

Superstar
Daps
he doesn't want a discount, that's the issue. he wants a max - and he didn't even deserve that shyt before he almost caught a felony

if he wants to bounce, its kinda whatever lol. he looked like shyt til lamelo showed up so good luck to him finding that kinda run anywhere else in the league. his replacement already got drafted.

That’s ….not how that works. You stack quality players when you hit in the draft, not replace them. Not sure if you’re a fan but from the outside looking in, the whole excitement was adding Miller next to bridges. Without that, get in line you’re just another team with a strong 2 man core. Brunson-Randle, trae-Dejounte, Halliburton-Mathurin, Ivey-Cade, shyt Poole-Kuzma :skip:

Trust me the entire point was to have Melo-Miller AND bridges.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
That’s ….not how that works. You stack quality players when you hit in the draft, not replace them. Not sure if you’re a fan but from the outside looking in, the whole excitement was adding Miller next to bridges. Without that, get in line you’re just another team with a strong 2 man core. Brunson-Randle, trae-Dejounte, Halliburton-Mathurin, Ivey-Cade, shyt Poole-Kuzma :skip:

Trust me the entire point was to have Melo-Miller AND bridges.
miles before lamelo showed up wasn't even on aaron gordon's trajectory. his usage going up directly correlates to lamelo being out there. that's why the org doesn't want to pay him like every other kind of potential all-star wing.

and no, its not miller next to bridges - its moving on from hayward :dead: half the city of charlotte doesn't even want bridges back. these folks talked themselves into PJ Washington last year with zero issues already.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
miles before lamelo showed up wasn't even on aaron gordon's trajectory. his usage going up directly correlates to lamelo being out there. that's why the org doesn't want to pay him like every other kind of potential all-star wing.

and no, its not miller next to bridges - its moving on from hayward :dead: half the city of charlotte doesn't even want bridges back. these folks talked themselves into PJ Washington last year with zero issues already.

Again this is coming from the outside looking in with no emotion. So I really don’t care what the city wants bro :whoa: fans are irrational and delusional

Also fans don’t understand the new implications of the cap and inflated salaries. The going rate for a different maker is at least 30, 35 mill. 10 years ago that’d get you a max player! Now it’ll get you an 3&D. Charlotte is not ‘a 3&D away’. (Just had kelly oubre). They need difference makers.

I think we’d agree bridges is more than a role player. So if you let him walk, even if you have 10 mil, 20 mil in cap space, you STILL can’t sign anyone of value. So there’s a replacement cost to factor in. That’s before you get into who’s even a UFA——which no star level player is bc they take they take more money from their own team

So yea I don’t know what bridges did to you but believe me the hornets need to sign him unless they want to keep running on the treadmill

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Again this is coming from the outside looking in with no emotion. So I really don’t care what the city wants bro :whoa: fans are irrational and delusional

The logical stance is who cares what bridges was ‘without Melo’, is melo going anywhere? Ok.

Also fans don’t understand the new implications of the cap and inflated salaries. The going rate for a different maker is at least 30 mill. 10 years ango that’d get you an max player! Now it’ll get you an 3&D. Anything less than 30M is likely a role player.

I think we’d agree bridges is more than a role player. So if you let him walk, even if you have 10 mil, 20 mil in cap space, you STILL can’t sign anyone of value. So there’s a replacement cost to factor in. That’s before you get into who’s even a UFA——whoch again no star level player is bc they take they take more money from their own team

So yea I don’t know what bridges did to you but believe me the hornets need to sign him unless they want to keep running on the treadmill
aite - lets dumb this down to a very, very basic level that can't be talked around.

if someone wants to pay him, we match. or sign and trade. that's it. that's the solution. :dead:and because our books are basically empty for next year, we can go sign some other mid wing that will likely overperform the same as bridges as soon as they get paired with lamelo too.

shyt, oubre had a broken hand this year and basically put up the same numbers as miles did lol

Daps
Just so everyone knows, the warriors have 7 guards on their roster.

So assuming they use all 15 spots, nearly HALF of the warriors roster spots will b guards. If they don’t use all 15, half is the best case scenario

i'm assuming this is a vet back up for cp3 with the bench unit or for steph if they need to rest them/injuries :patrice:

but they really need to get some size and talent for the front court, unless they count on TJD to play meaningful minutes off the jump

Braman

Superstar
Daps
aite - lets dumb this down to a very, very basic level that can't be talked around.

if someone wants to pay him, we match. or sign and trade. that's it. that's the solution. :dead:and because our books are basically empty for next year, we can go sign some other mid wing that will likely overperform the same as bridges as soon as they get paired with lamelo too.

shyt, oubre had a broken hand this year and basically put up the same numbers as miles did lol

First, he’s going to be an UN-restricted FA. Ain’t no ‘just match’

@ bolded, this is exactly why I said people aren’t comprehending the new inflated salaries. It’s no longer easy to just S&T. Most teams can’t easily match 40M in salary. Did the raptors ‘just S&T’ with Houston? No. Bc it was not mathematically possible

Oh, and with the ‘2nd apron’ by next year you will need to match it close to dollar for dollar :ufdup:

Go look at the trade machine. If he gets 40m from Detroit, there isn’t even a pathway to match that money. And even if you could, that’s literally just to come away with something. It ain’t gon be valuable. Like congrats you get James wiseman and killian hayes

And bruh bridges was the leading scorer on a 43 win team. Perhaps you’re a tad too close to it and irrationally nitpicking as a fan.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
And this is exactly why I said people aren’t comprehending the new inflated salaries. It’s no longer easy to just S&T. Most teams can’t easily match 40M in salary. Did the raptors ‘just S&T’ with Houston? No. Bc they couldn’t

Oh, and with the ‘2nd apron’ by next year you will need to match it close to dollar for dollar :ufdup:

Go look at the trade machine. If he gets 40m from Detroit, there isn’t even a pathway to match that money. And even if you could, that’s literally just to come away with something. It ain’t gon be valuable. Like congrats you get James wiseman and killian hayes

And bruh bridges was the leading scorer on a 43 win team. Perhaps you’re a tad too close to it and irrationally nitpicking as a fan.
first off, oubre and damn near put up the same numbers so that killed a lot of bridges' leverage right there. pull it up if you think its cap.

and most teams can't match? ok. charlotte objectively can lol. if hayward's gone, his 32 mil and the projected increases just goes straight to bridges. we're nowhere near pressed even if without that too.

i need you to explain why we can't simply wait to match an offer.

also - fvv didn't walk toronto into a QO off a first round pick's salary structure. massive difference :dead: bridges is literally the only player in the league who put himself in this situation so there isn't really a whataboutx thing to reach for.

this whole "you're too close as a fan" "its emotional" etc stuff is purely an internet thing i swear