Not to hate on the guy but what classic movies does the rock have under his belt?

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
The Rock has a trash resume as a lead. His hits come from riding someone else's coattails. . He's got some good movies, but not much I would even consider seeing in a theater in hindsight. And, I liked movies like Doom and Faster.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I kinda agree but Bautista got some great roles under his belt already so it's w/e :yeshrug:
Name them. I swear to god you better not say some shyt about Drax or 5 minutes in Blade Runner, breh:francis:The fact that the topic of an ex wrestler with no acting training's resume gets brought up as if anyone is expecting him to be winning Oscars is hilarious. I don't see the Rock's name and instantly run to Fandango to cop tickets. That doesn't erase the fact that dude is doing his thing and being successful. Plenty of shyttier actors get the carte blanche to secure the bag but for some reason y'all stay on this nikkas dikk:gucci:

Daps
Name them. I swear to god you better not say some shyt about Drax or 5 minutes in Blade Runner, breh:francis:The fact that the topic of an ex wrestler with no acting training's resume gets brought up as if anyone is expecting him to be winning Oscars is hilarious. I don't see the Rock's name and instantly run to Fandango to cop tickets. That doesn't erase the fact that dude is doing his thing and being successful. Plenty of shyttier actors get the carte blanche to secure the bag but for some reason y'all stay on this nikkas dikk:gucci:

Dude, chill out. It's not that serious. The Rock works really, really hard and I respect his hustle. It makes sense this topic comes up though--how many films has Dwayne been in? A shytload. After seeing somebody's name pop up so much of course you're gonna wanna tune it out and ask for what roles should actually be paid attention to.

That aside, I was gonna say those roles for Bautista :troll:, plus his part as Brass Body in The Man With The Iron Fists.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Dude, chill out. It's not that serious. The Rock works really, really hard and I respect his hustle. It makes sense this topic comes up though--how many films has Dwayne been in? A shytload. After seeing somebody's name pop up so much of course you're gonna wanna tune it out and ask for what roles should actually be paid attention to.

That aside, I was gonna say those roles for Bautista :troll:, plus his part as Brass Body in The Man With The Iron Fists.
I'm rarely serious fam. Jason Statham has been in mad shyt. I dont expect Oscar roles from dude. Mark Wahlberg has been in mad shyt, I'm not camping out in advance of his movies. My point is that I don't take The Rock seriously as an actor, hence I'm not out here giving any serious time to analyzing his filmography. Brass Body da gawd deserved an Oscar, doe:mjcry:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Moana is a modern day Disney Classic

Fast Five revived a dying film series, and arguably is the best one
How many times is this dumb lie going to be repeated?

Fast four made over 350 Million,which was the highest grossing in the franchise at that point and rock had never been in a film that made that much.

After the success of fast 4 rock called vin to congratulate him on it and asked to be part of the franchise

Last edited:

Trav

Marathon Mentality šŸ
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Been saying this for a long time. As much as I love Rock as a wrestler, his movie career is overrated as fukk.

No classic movies, no classic roles, and his only real hits were basically the Fast and Furious movies which was an already established successful franchise without him.

Matter of fact I don't think dude has been in an even semi-GOOD or remotely memorable movie.

Don't think anyone even rates it that high in the 1st place. Think he just gets prop for coming from where he did and being a good dude, and helping put people on with his 7 Bucks Prod company. My man don't want nothing but the money and political capital so to speak, and "okay" movies are produced as some sort of byproduct, that's a plus for him.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
are we counting moana? that did numbers and everyone loved his character.

unless you're just a hater or havent seen them. the rundown, moana, walking tall, gridiron gang, fast five, pain & gain and jumanji are good movies. Snitch and faster are entertaining as well

Yea...... cats out here acting like he got the career of the white boy that was John Carter.

Plus classics to a degree is perspective.

Running Man is a classic to me and yet people barely mention it when running down Arnoldā€™s catalog. Yet mad peeps love True Lies and that to me is ā€œmehā€

Martha

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I feel like this thread gets made like every few months.
:patrice:

And its a question that no one will ever be satisfied with:russ:

Fast Five is going to go down as a classic action flick, bottomline. The other stuff may be disposable and not all of it works for me. He's got more stuff on his list that I don't like than do, a lot more, but the stuff I like of his, like Jumanji and what he's done with the Fast movies, The rundown, I really like. Dude doesn't have any career defining roles right now tho like the action stars we grew up with, but that's not a knock on him either. He's more concerned with his brand, for better or for worse. But he's also a guy who can have a flop like Baywatch and then follow it up with a hit movie and his star isn't diminished.

And just because I feel like saying this, Bautista picks better movies:sas1: