Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Plus Matheiu has very good ball instincts, with the switch to 4-3 he could be a major factor as he has good on the field speed. With our thin receiver corps, this could be an issue.

Also we carried 5 CB last season on the final roster.

Rogers
Culliver
Brown
Cox
Brock

Now I predict so far:

Rogers
Brown
Cox
Asumougha
???

The final spot is between Marcus Cooper and Brock, imo. Brock is becoming a good gunner on ST, but I think Cooper can develop into a solid CB, he has speed and athleticism, if his coverage leaves something to be desired. A Nate Clements type guy, imo. But it costs us nothing to send the kid to the PS.

Last edited:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Plus Matheiu has very good ball instincts, with the switch to 4-3 he could be a major factor as he has good on the field speed. With our thin receiver corps, this could be an issue.

Also we carried 5 CB last season on the final roster.

Rogers
Culliver
Brown
Cox
Brock

Now I predict so far:

Rogers
Brown
Cox
Asumougha
???

The final spot is between Marcus Cooper and Brock, imo. Brock is becoming a good gunner on ST, but I think Cooper can develop into a solid CB, he has speed and athleticism, if his coverage leaves something to be desired. A Nate Clements type guy, imo. But it costs us nothing to send the kid to the PS.
Id like to see brock cut, but I just dont see it. he reupped his contract, even before cully went down, and hes on ST like you mentioned. pretty sure he'll still be on the team. Im fine with him on ST, but he shouldnt be covering anyone out there on D.

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Work down the street from the new stadium and training camp. Took this picture yesterday of both while waiting for my train home. Training camp in the far left background and the stadium to the right.
IMG_20130805_163837_zps0b48f70b.jpg

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
james has looked good so far, hitting the hole up the middle like gore

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
besides a false start by davis the O had a solid opening drive for 3

kaep/VD/boldin are in midseason form and LMJ looked good running between the tackles

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ian williams gets a hold from the center

kaep and manning out

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL