Nobody showed up to Mean Gene Okerlund funeral

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
I remember Bret was talking about how he was at Crush’s funeral and he was talking to (maybe?) Marty Janetty and they were taken aback at the lack of wrestlers there. Then some guy wearing a black hat and sunglasses with a Santa’s Claus beard approached them and they realized it was Macho Man, who had stayed in the back the entire time. Bret said to all of them, “I think we’re the only wrestlers here.” and Macho chimed in saying, “I almost didn’t come. This is always hard.”

That's another thing. These wrestlers have seen their peers die multiple times over the years to the point where they're desensitized. Part of it is getting older, the other part is recognizing the nature of the business they're in. If you're a wrestler, chances are your lifespan is automatically cut short.

Mr. Kennedy spoke on this a while back and he said the last death that shook him up was Shad, because of the nature of the story. But a wrestler dying from drugs or heart failure probably has him like :yeshrug: at this point.