Nobody showed up to Mean Gene Okerlund funeral

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s absurd that hulk hogan and Vince didn’t show up. Mean Gene was a company guy even towards the end of his life, so I wonder if a bridge was burned somehow or Vince not going was just oversight

Hell as a fan I would have went

Side note, these YouTubers that piggyback off of the hard work, investment and content provided by shoot interview companies and make these “such and such wrestler says such and such” videos irritate me. Just feels like they are mooching for clicks

Last edited:

Heelish

#TSC #spooky
Supporter
Daps
Watch the video, he says he was there
“Nobody”

s7.gif

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He didn’t have any family or kids?? This is weird. Dude is like the most iconic wrestling interviewer ever and no one showed up?

DDP was implying nobody from the industry showed (then he says it was only a handful of wrestlers and bookers, not literally "nobody").

I'm sure gene's family and personal friends were there

Last edited:

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
It’s absurd that hulk hogan and Vince didn’t show up. Mean Gene was a company guy even towards the end of his life, so I wonder if a bridge was burned somehow or Vince not going was just oversight

Hell as a fan I would have went

Side note, these YouTubers that piggyback the hard work, investment and content provided by shoot interview companies and make these “such and such wrestler says such and such” videos irritate me. Just feels like they are mooching for clicks
That’s a huge problem for platforms all across YouTube

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
The wrestling business is like a Watchmen comic book come to life. We always think of these wrestlers and personnel as larger than life, but reality hits that these pieces of demon shyt are selfish, malicious, murderous, vice driven, heartless vermin on steroids. The fact that not a single soul showed up speak volumes to this shytty ass industry.

Mean Gene was there for these folks and got them over. Hell, the simple "put that cigarette out" quote took Flair's RR victory to new levels. I'm really not surprised by the news TBH:yeshrug: