No thread on the south african massacre huh?

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Got what action ? They want money and benefits not death....What knives are displayed ?
I jsut saw people walking towards them and then a firing squad opening up on them...Too many cops/troops are like this,trigger happy ready to take someone life for no reason....thats why you get these types of people in these positions dragged thru streets in somalia and hung from bridges in Iraq....*shrug*

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
People wont talk about how the miners killed a few cops and some other mine workers earlier though. Futhermore, many of them vowed to not leave the site alive unless their terms were met. Can't say they didn't provoke the situation to this point...

Daps
I heard about it and woulda made a thread but I didn't have the heart to watch it cause I knew how upset it would make me...I hate the police and I hate African suffering even more.

lets see how many KONY2012-esque campaigns get sparked to 'help'. My prediction...none because cacs have control over South Africa and after the civil war cacs don't go to war with other cacs.

M617 has now been successfully added to your ignore list.

It took longer than it should have but...Ignore :skip:

Daps
nikkas get shot erryday B
dYXcV.gif

I guess Hurricane Katrina aint shyt cause nikkas drown erryday whoddie. :ohhh:

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
I heard about it and woulda made a thread but I didn't have the heart to watch it cause I knew how upset it would make me...I hate the police and I hate African suffering even more.

lets see how many KONY2012-esque campaigns get sparked to 'help'. My prediction...none because cacs have control over South Africa and after the civil war cacs don't go to war with other cacs.

It took longer than it should have but...Ignore :skip:
WWI and WWII say hello, d!ckdribblet.

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
These devils are charging the miners with the murders of the 34 people killed

South Africa Charges 270 Miners in Deaths of 34 Striking Colleagues - WSJ.com

smaller
Larger
By DEVON MAYLIE

JOHANNESBURG—Two weeks after police shot into a crowd of protesting miners here, killing 34, in one of the worst instances of labor violence since the end of apartheid, authorities filed murder charges against fellow miners for those deaths, opposition officials said.

The National Prosecuting Authority on Thursday charged the 270 miners arrested following the Aug. 16 police shooting at Lonmin PLC's Marikana operation, using an obscure Roman-Dutch common purpose law often used under apartheid.

Calls to the National Prosecuting Authority weren't answered. A spokesman for the prosecuting authority told the Associated Press that while it was police who killed the protesters, the police had been under attack.

Enlarge Image

Associated Press
A mine worker sang Wednesday during a gathering at the Lonmin mine. Management and union leaders are negotiating to resolve the strike.

Thursday's decision led to an outcry from members of South Africa's legal and opposition community, amid tensions that were already simmering over how the government responded to the wildcat strike.

In a blog post, Pierre de Vos, a University of Cape Town constitutional law scholar, called the development "bizarre and shocking and represents a flagrant abuse of the criminal justice system in an effort to protect the police and/or politicians like Jacob Zuma," the country's president.

Mr. de Vos said even if miners attacked police that didn't make them responsible for the killing of fellow protesters.

Expelled-African National Congress Youth leader Julius Malema, who visited the site of the shooting before Mr. Zuma and has called for the president's resignation, was at the court where the charges were made.

"The decisions of the NPA to charge mine workers reveals that the South African government and all its state apparatuses do not regret the murders and massacre of the mine workers," said Floyd Shivambu, a spokesman for Mr. Malema, in a statement.

"How on earth can the South African police, with the approval of its most senior leaders, kill workers and then turn to lay charges of murder on those who could not be killed, and survived death in the hands of the state?"

The strike began Aug. 10 when 3,000 rock drillers refused to go underground without a wage increase. Fighting among workers left 10 people dead, including two police officers in the days that followed.

As protesters camped out on a small rock hill near the mine, police and union management called for them to put down their weapons with many holding sticks and machetes. Police claim some held pistols as well.

On Aug. 16, police say they gave their final warning and then started to cordon their camp off with barbed wire. Police say a group of protesters charged at them and the use of rubber bullets and water canons failed to deter the protesters so they fired live ammunition into the crowd.

Many miners say they were cornered on the hill and prevented from escaping and that several of those killed were shot in the back. Police say the investigation is continuing.

Meanwhile, those arrested have been held in court and so far denied bail.

President Zuma has come under criticism for not reacting quicker to the shootings at Marikana. Last week he named a judicial committee of inquiry to look into the causes of the violence and deaths and mistakes made at Marikana, placing much of the emphasis on how Lonmin managed the strike and let it spiral out of control.

South Africa's National Police Commissioner Riah Phiyega previously defended the police actions and said they used "maximum force" to protect themselves.

Critics say the National Union of Mineworkers, an ally of the ANC, fell out of touch as its leaders traded shantytowns for management posts and proximity to power. The upstart Association of Mineworkers and Construction Union moved to fill that vacuum.

It targeted platinum mines because of a labor-law loophole that allows platinum companies to negotiate wages outside collective bargaining.

When the strike degenerated into violence, Lonmin executives threatened to dismiss workers who didn't return to work, further enraging miners. The company then relied on the police to impose order.

The strike continues at Marikana, but since the Aug. 16 shooting there haven't been further reports of violence.

The company management and union leaders have been locked in two days of meetings to find a way to resolve the strike, which has resulted in the total of 44 deaths.

T'Kuvma Da Unforgettable

My Wallabies attract bowlegged b1tches
Daps
Replied to topics on OTHER sites about Burma.

How convenient ho..This is The-Coli bytch..we dont give a fukk bout what u do on other sites...

Made FB statuses about it

Again..how convenient bytch....AINT NANN OF US on your FB..why the fukk should we take your muthafukking word for it? :comeon:
U ever heard of a screen shot???or do you want us to believe you just cuz u have a vagina between your knees?as worthless and useless as it is..

I even shared the Burma link on MY FB
Again u stupid bytch..this is not proof...why are you even breathing and not face down in the dirt like those poor miners?

Don't disrespect me calling me names for not posting it on The-Coli.com

The-coli is all we care bout..you deserve every lil bit of disrespect your dumb ass get on here

I don't know if you noticed but I didn't make a topic on the Coli for a while now...
And please dont ever make another thread on here..and notice i said thread ? we dont call them topics like they do on THOSE OTHER SITES u post on
:pacspit:

Stupid c.unt

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
Not only are they still going strong with their strike but it is now spreading to other mines. Take notes nikkas

Also take Note on how the article is written slanted in favor of the European mining companies

South African Mining Strikes Spread to Gold Fields - WSJ.com

JOHANNESBURG—Gold Fields Ltd. GFI.JO -0.84%said the illegal strike at its KDC gold mine spread to its western section, pulling 15,000 workers away from production as unrest in South Africa's mining sector expanded.

Meanwhile, Lonmin LMI.LN -1.29%PLC failed to lure back its workers as a wildcat strike continued to simmer at the site of last month's deadly clash with police.

KDC west miners walked off the job Monday, following co-workers from the east side who struck last week, Gold Fields said. About 400 workers at KDC west went to the mine hostels on Sunday to intimidate workers and demand that they join their strike, Gold Fields said

An internal union dispute prompted last week's strike on the east side of the mine, located outside Johannesburg in the country's northeast. The dispute was later resolved and production resumed on Thursday.

Gold Fields said it received demands from Monday's strikers, including for salaries of 12,500 rand, or roughly $1,500, a month, the same amount requested by Lonmin strikers. The Gold Fields strikers, 400 of whom marched to the company's office, also demanded new union leadership.

The strike suspended all output at KDC west, which produces about 1,440 troy ounces of gold a day. Gold Fields said it would meet with the workers.

South Africa's mining sector is reeling from strikes over the past month that have resulted in 44 deaths at Lonmin and have hit production of metals such as gold and platinum. The unrest also has exposed deep rifts in the country's labor movement, threatening a contagion of work stoppages in an industry that is a central component of South Africa's economic growth.

The disruptions come as new unions recruit for members and worker frustrations are fanned by political groups.

Police said Monday that about 3,500 protesters marched among parts of Lonmin's platinum mine, singing songs and carrying sticks and machetes.

The strikes started Aug. 10, when 3,000 rock drillers put down their tools at Lonmin's Marikana mine. Workers clashed in the following days, resulting in 10 deaths. On Aug. 16, police fired into a crowd of protesters, killing another 34 people.

At Anglo American Platinum Ltd.'s AMS.JO -0.21%Thembelani mine, several hundred workers refused to go underground in mid-August. Operations at a Royal Bafokeng Platinum Ltd. RBP.JO -0.47%mine were halted briefly at the same time. Impala Platinum Holdings Ltd. IMP.JO -3.68%said it recently received a demand for a 10% wage increase, following a strike that shut its largest mine for six weeks in February.

The job actions spread into the gold sector with the events at Gold Fields and a clash between fired workers and security guards outside Gold One International Ltd.'s GDO.AU +3.90%mine this month. That dispute left four people in the hospital with wounds from rubber bullets.

"Social responsibility is, unfortunately, at the periphery of what we're doing and that is something that has to change," Vishnu Pillay, the executive head of Anglo American Platinum's joint-venture operations, said about the mining industry.

At the heart of many of the strikes are worker grievances over pay and the slow pace of change at mines since the end of apartheid nearly two decades ago. Amid that discord, the emerging Association of Mineworkers and Construction Union has been recruiting at mines with promises to get workers higher pay. That has sparked clashes with the country's largest mine union, the National Union of Mineworkers, an ally of the country's ruling African National Congress.

Expelled ANC youth league leader Julius Malema has visited Lonmin and Gold Fields mines, calling for workers to make the country's mining industry "ungovernable" and for South African President Jacob Zuma to resign.

Gold Fields said that during the eastern-section strike last week, workers said they wanted new NUM leaders. Many of the workers on strike at Lonmin have echoed the same views, saying that NUM has lost touch with the workers, is too close to mine management and too cozy with ANC leaders who have business interests in the country's mines.

Lonmin has struggled to get workers back at the mine. A government-backed attempt to broker a peace accord between mine management, unions and worker groups has floundered.

The strike has cost Lonmin 50,000 troy ounces of lost platinum production and, analysts estimated, about $100 million in revenue.

Lonmin and the parties were set to meet Monday to start wage negotiations. The salary demand of 12,500 rand is almost triple what many protesters say they make now after taxes. But Lonmin said the worker representatives failed to show.

Solidarity, a small union at Lonmin, said representatives of the wildcat strikers said they were too tired to attend the meeting and would return to work only when their wage demand was met.

Juno

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Lives are taken as though a blade of grass being plucked from the earth. Its sad, the value of human life has become just that - a blade of grass flickering in the wind.. :wow: