No Poison No Paradise - The Official Detroit Lions 2014 Offseason Thread

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
I don't even think Mullen would have done this. Mayhew kept restructuring Suh's deal for a bunch of bullshyt signings that haven't led to a playoff appearance since that one fluke season.
Yeah but he's the reason for having those big ass contracts in the first place.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Thanks to the well-wishers concerning my son but this kind of reminds me of when Marinelli made Shaun Rogers want to leave the Lions. In this case though, I truly believe that Suh is tired of the fukkery around the Lions and wants to see some winners.

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
Thanks to the well-wishers concerning my son but this kind of reminds me of when Marinelli made Shaun Rogers want to leave the Lions. In this case though, I truly believe that Suh is tired of the fukkery around the Lions and wants to see some winners.

Suh wants to get paid. He wants quart back money.

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
Detroit Lions notes: Jim Caldwell not concerned about rookie Eric Ebron's drops
The biggest knock on Detroit Lions tight end Eric Ebron through off-season workouts and the first two days of training camp has been an inordinate number of dropped passes that have negated his big-play ability.

Ebron dropped a well-placed Matthew Stafford pass in seven-on-seven drills Tuesday and had an 11.4% drop rate as a junior at North Carolina last year according to Rotoworld, but Lions coach Jim Caldwell downplayed any concerns about his first-round pick’s hands.

“It’s tough for any young guy that’s coming in to a system, particularly at the position he plays,” Caldwell said. “One thing I think people don’t quite understand about playing a tight end position, you can probably notice that he lines up in a number of different places. He lines up at a true tight end position, so he’s got to know all the blocking schemes, routes from there. He lines up at an auxiliary (position), what we can an F, so he’s got to know all the protections at that particular location as well as the routes. And then we also put him in the backfield.

“This guy literally has to know the slot receiver, the regular tight end and also a position out of the backfield as if he’s a fullback. So it’s not easy for him.”

Rookie pass catchers, both receivers and tight ends, often struggle upon reaching the NFL because they have so many more responsibilities than in college.

Still, the Lions are expecting Ebron to play a significant role as a field-stretching threat on offense this year and have given him significant time with Stafford and the rest of the first-team offense in camp.

“He’s got to learn and adjust and there’s a lot of things going through his mind right now,” Caldwell said. “But I think you’re going to see that he’ll just continue to improve, get a little bit better because he does have an unusual skill set.”
@Regular_P
:beli:

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
:dead:

or he's not going to ham in a interview over his first round pick a week into his first training camp. They know the issue and are probably working diligently to help him

Yall making me the optimist of the Lions :damn:
I bet somebody like bill parcels or tom coughlin would have his doing nothin but blocking since he don't wanna catch the ball and call his ass out.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
:dead:

or he's not going to ham in a interview over his first round pick a week into his first training camp. They know the issue and are probably working diligently to help him

Yall making me the optimist of the Lions :damn:
Nah, this is just continuing what Schwartz was doing there. We've been watching Pettibust drop passes for six years. You can't bring in another first round TE and make excuses for him dropping passes, especially when he did that at an alarming rate in college.

Like @eastside313 said, Tuna or Coughlin would be holding him accountable for this bullshyt instead of coddling him. We've seen this shyt for too long.

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
Nah, this is just continuing what Schwartz was doing there. We've been watching Pettibust drop passes for six years. You can't bring in another first round TE and make excuses for him dropping passes, especially when he did that at an alarming rate in college.

Like @eastside313 said, Tuna or Coughlin would be holding him accountable for this bullshyt instead of coddling him. We've seen this shyt for too long.

Accountability

After leading the Lions to a 10-6 record and a playoff berth in just his third season, Stafford and the Lions have gone 11-21. Blame for the regression—and the decline in Stafford's mechanics and production—was mostly laid at the feet of head coach Jim Schwartz and his staff.

Former Lions defensive end Lawrence Jackson spoke about Schwartz's failings on Twitter and a podcast, as quoted here by Michael Rothstein of ESPN.com, and specifically cited the way Lions coaches let Stafford skate for his mistakes:

I’ve never heard them challenge Stafford in a team meeting at all. Other people were challenged, things like that, but I never heard him being challenged. There was a lot of mistakes that he made. He’s a good quarterback and he can throw the ball really well and obviously having Calvin [Johnson] makes his job a lot easier. But you have to hold people accountable. I don’t know what was going on.

Like how Schwartz coddled stafford