No One Will Save You (Alien Invasion movie) (9/22 Hulu)

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Cool little flick. Some dope shots in it. it will always annoy me that we are robbed of genre pics like this and Prey on the big screen because you geeks wanted the x-men, which we won't get until 2028 or 2029(over a decade after the deal closed) and the MCU will probably be dead by then.

It should have ended a few minutes before when she was on her back staring up at the sky
Lolwut

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
You know damn well I'm meant comic book nerds. Half the front page is always about fukking comic books which makes no sense in this subforum to me
Yeah but the term "genre film" is used by film nerds to describe films were story and characters take a back sit to the genre tropes that flood the movie. Basically movies tailor made for fans of that genre, quality/success be damned. Basically, financial or critical failures with a cult following.

I kind of agree with what you're trying to say but this its come full circle. Especially with someone like James Gunn being part of the "problem" :russ: . I was friends with a bunch of genre film nerds in middle school. They got what they wanted and now a new brand of film snobs has risen. shyt is hilarious

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought it was cool. It was different than a lot of stuff we get now days.

BUT, i was thinking about what someone said in tlr about pawgs. If god made anything better than white women, then he keeping that shyt to himself. lol. The whole universe cater to white women tears

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I started watching this at like midnight for some reason over the weekend :mjlol:

Had to hit the pause on it and comeback later.

High key that white chick was pissing me off. But it’s good so far

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Cool little flick. Some dope shots in it. it will always annoy me that we are robbed of genre pics like this and Prey on the big screen because you geeks wanted the x-men, which we won't get until 2028 or 2029(over a decade after the deal closed) and the MCU will probably be dead by then.

It should have ended a few minutes before when she was on her back staring up at the sky
You would have wasted gas and paid money to see this trash in a movie theater :dahell:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
From my post in the horror thread:
I thought it was cool...but a bit overhyped. Decent alien horror movie, but when everyone was calling it "like a Black Mirror or Twilight Zone episode," I feel like it could have been just as effective at a tv show length rather than the full feature.

Cool aspects:
- Damn near no dialogue. It's a literal "show, don't tell" movie.
- The aliens have varied designs but still feel like they're from the same group.
- The Invasion of the Body Snatchers vibes through portions of the movie.

The weaknesses:
- Over-reliance on shoddy CGI. It's 2023, and filmmakers still lean too much on CGI when practical effects are almost always better.
- Although the situations vary, the story still started to feel redundant to me.
- The ambiguous ending didn't really land for me, though maybe a second watch will let me play with theories.

It's a solid 2.5 out of 5 for me. But that's disappointing when I loved the premise and got hype from the trailer.