No Mo' Taco's in the War Room! Dallas Cowboys 2023 draft thread

Who will be picked at 27

• Total voters

Slimkid07

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Last 3 years of day 2 picks

Bossman Rat (Disappointing. He has a training camp to turn it around.)

Osa (He ight. Hopefully Mazi unlocks him)

Chauncey Gholston (Hated the pick but he's decent depth.)

Nashon Wright (Hated the pick but he started coming on late)

Sam Williams (Good pick so far)

Jalen Tolbert (Hopefully he's a slow learner :mjcry:)

Luke pickedtoosoonamaker (I like the pick but

Demarvion Overdrafted

:mjcry:
Bossman - Disappointing. He has a training camp to turn it around.
Osa - He ight. Hopefully Mazi unlocks him
Chauncey Gholston - Hated the pick but he's decent depth.
Nashon Wright - Hated the pick but he started coming on late
Sam Williams - Good pick so far
Jalen Tolbert - Hopefully he's just a slow learner :mjcry:
Schoonamaker - I like him but is Kraft better? Also, he probably would have been gone by 90.
Overshaw - A Quinn toy that should be good. I have rather gotten my RB, OL or WR now.

Last edited:

Slimkid07

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Man, I don't think we're gonna draft RB next. :francis:
I'd like Chase Brown or Roschon but I think they go OL or WR and draft Deuce Vaughn in the 6th.
Maybe trade for Swift ?

Love Pollard, but are we gonna rely on a back that's never seen a lot of carries as the workhouse RB and coming off a broken leg?

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
This is one confused franchise and we have serious holes if we don't do anything in free agency.

Mazi and O'Cyrus would have been excellent, with an RB in the 3rd. Instead we take a 'solid' TE and a niche linebacker. Overshown is 220 lbs... what is his role? Specialty rusher or will they convert him back to safety? Our solution at O line FELL IN OUR LAP but we passed him up. Feels like the whole TJ Watt situation. Maybe they want to put Overshown back at safety and have him be a Kam Chancellor type... this 2nd day of the draft was utterly confused

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Last 3 years of day 2 picks

Bossman Rat

Osa

Chauncey Gholston

Nashon Wright

Sam Williams

Jalen Tolbert

Luke pickedtoosoonamaker

Demarvion Overdrafted

:mjcry:
Like...i knew this was the list...but just seeing it...man :wow:

Workerman got more eyewitness testimonies than picks :wow:

Jalen Tolbert lost us a game last year :wow:

Sam got as many arrest warrents as sacks :wow:

Jerry flying in rawest coke on planet earth friday afternoon and by the time we draft on friday night the whole room gone :wow:

Coke so raw I bet an ant aint steppd on it before it hit Stephen nostril :wow:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Just turned on some Schoonmaker highlights to get hyped about the pick, 14 minute video on YouTube. In the first couple of plays - 3rd and 6, he got 5. 3rd and 10 he got 8 - I turned that shyt off :unimpressed:
Sounds like we don't need to pay Witten to come in and coach him. He already got it down pat :blessed:

Dink and Dak is back baby. Going to complete 71% of his passes and be 3rd to last converting on 3rd and longer than 5 :blessed:

Can you imagine the damage Cooper Rush can do with a tight end like this :blessed:

14 for 22 for 102 and 0 touchdowns...here we come :blessed:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Man, I don't think we're gonna draft RB next. :francis:
I'd like Chase Brown or Roschon but I think they go OL or WR and draft Deuce Vaughn in the 6th.
Maybe trade for Swift ?

Love Pollard, but are we gonna rely on a back that's never seen a lot of carries as the workhouse RB and coming off a broken leg?
Who is it that keeps telling you that we need to give Pollard "a lot of carries" and he needs to be a "workhorse"?

Almost no team does that anymore and the teams that do aren't very good.

What is even "a lot of carries"? What is the exact number? 300? 289? 225?

Pollard had a 193 carries last year. He can also be explosive in the past game coming out the backfield. Some of these swing passes he gets are going to be basically runs.

Whatever carry Pollard don't get, just give the shyt to Malik Davis. He averaged over 4 yard a carry last year. He is fine.

I just don't get it. We already got a young running back on a cheap deal on our team who has shown he can run the ball effectively when given the chance. But we still got people like "how we going to get a young cheap running back who can run the ball effectively to keep Pollard's rushing attempts down."

No Gibbs and No Bijon. At this point I don't even want them to take a running back. I don't see anyone they can take better than Malik. It would just be a waste of a pick. They already did it with the second round pick. Please don't waste a pick on a young running back who can get 4 yard s a carry while already having a young running back who gets at least 4 yards a carry.

Slimkid07

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Who is it that keeps telling you that we need to give Pollard "a lot of carries" and he needs to be a "workhorse"?

Almost no team does that anymore and the teams that do aren't very good.

What is even "a lot of carries"? What is the exact number? 300? 289? 225?

Pollard had a 193 carries last year. He can also be explosive in the past game coming out the backfield. Some of these swing passes he gets are going to be basically runs.

Whatever carry Pollard don't get, just give the shyt to Malik Davis. He averaged over 4 yard a carry last year. He is fine.

I just don't get it. We already got a young running back on a cheap deal on our team who has shown he can run the ball effectively when given the chance. But we still got people like "how we going to get a young cheap running back who can run the ball effectively to keep Pollard's rushing attempts down."

No Gibbs and No Bijon. At this point I don't even want them to take a running back. I don't see anyone they can take better than Malik. It would just be a waste of a pick. They already did it with the second round pick. Please don't waste a pick on a young running back who can get 4 yard s a carry while already having a young running back who gets at least 4 yards a carry.
Last year, wasn't the big stat about Pollard that in his career, he's never had more than 15 carries in a game until the one that he started for an injured Zeke?
In 2021 he had the planters factitious and now he's coming off a broken leg. And this comes after the coaches finally figured out that he needs a bigger role and increased his usage
Are we gonna give him a second contract or just draft another RB?

I like Pollard and Malik but I'd like to add another back with good measurables to the group (Chase Brown, Roschan, Israel or Zack Evans, etc.)
I'd rather rely on the defense and run game rather than throw it 45-50 times a game.