No Mo' Taco's in the War Room! Dallas Cowboys 2023 draft thread

Who will be picked at 27

• Total voters

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
I have no words on that 2nd round pick. As much as we like to talk about us hitting the first round. Our 2nd round is pretty much the opposite.

Slimkid07

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Schoonmaker was my sleeper TE but I wanted him later after we picked our RB, DL, WR or OC.
But I didn't know Washington or Kraft would be there.
I wonder if he would have been available in the 3rd or 4th because of his age?

From Cowboyszone::ehh:

Last edited:

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man, I like Schoonmaker but is it a round too high? :patrice:
I wanna say he's 2 to 4rds too high but the way this draft has been going I guess they said fukk it.
You never know, I feel like fans say a player was overdrafted every year and end up dead wrong, you never know what a teams board looks like but there were fans last year that thought we could've gotten tyler in the 2nd, which wasn't the case

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Could have taken an o lineman or linebacker but we take some project te that's not even better than what's on the roster. No wonder this team perpetually sucks.
Dude isn't a project, you dudes don't even watch film on the guys complain you about,

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My thing is..

If you were so hell bent on a TE, why not move up to get the BEST ONE. I mean its like you settling on leftovers.. its stupid. If you wanted a DT, why not move up to get Carter... its just weird.
There was no consensus best TE for starters. Teams boards differ, I mean the fact they passed on Mayer, musrgave, LaPorta and Washington means they likely weren't serious about take a TE in the first. Moving up to grab Carter would've cost us multiple draft picks you're acting as if this team doesn't have depth issues and can just give away assets.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Dude isn't a project, you dudes don't even watch film on the guys complain you about,
We drafted an old TE with shoulder injuries when we clearly could have shored up our O line. Not like we need to do that with Jalen Carter and Nolan Smith on the Eagles. Could have even grabbed a linebacker to try to make the defense elite. What problem does drafting this guy solve? How does he make the team better like an O'Cyrus Torrence would have?