No Mo' Taco's in the War Room! Dallas Cowboys 2023 draft thread

Who will be picked at 27

• Total voters

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
If Bijan is there it's a no brainer. If Gibbs is there it's a no brainer. What you pay the 26th pick in the draft is very reasonable for a running back. And I wouldn't even view these guys as running backs. They can catch the ball. They are weapons. With Pollard hurt we have exactly 0 "take it to the house" players on offense. We need that over everything else in this draft. I'm high on Pollard but I got to see him still have that speed and explosiveness before I believe it.

If neither one of these are available and Joey Porter Jr is take Joey Porter Jr. I know we are all happy we got Gilmore but the only reason we got him is because the colts and all the other teams who could have traded for him think he is washed. Can you name the last 32 year old defensive player we traded for or signed that actually turned out to be good for us? Me neither. And even if Gilmore is good he got what 1 maybe 2 years left in him as a high level player? Workerman Rat aint it and Bland might need to play slot corner depending on Lewis health. Porter has the perfect physical profile of what Quinn wants in a corner. He is a little stiff in turning his hips and will probably be a penalty machine when he first comes into the league...but Diggs got beat a ton his rookie year to. No need to get cute here if he is at 26 and Bijan and Gibbs aren't, take him.

We take a fukking tight end, while having two on the roster who are cheap and played well, just throw the whole fukking season in the trash, it would be a complete waste of a first round pick. Zeke ate himself into a tight end I would have rather they put him there than to draft one with a fukking first down pick. Please, please, PLEASE don't draft a fukking tight end on with a 1st round draft pick. We don't need it. We only threw to tight ends so much cause Gallup couldn't get open and we didn't have a real slot receiver. Kellen is gone so who is to say a tight end will even be prominent in our passing game going forward.

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly the front office has missed on 1 first rounder in the last 7-8 years I'm giving the benefit of the doubt to whoever they draft. They don't miss.

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
There's too much smoke around TE for that to be the pick in the 1st IMO. As clueless as the Jones boys are they usually play the draft closer to the vest.
I’ll drink a shot each time a tight ends goes off the board before our pick. I’ll drink an entire bottle of Elijah Craig if we draft a tight end at 26.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Damn I remember when this thread would have been live all week...now it aint even two pages :wow:

Trash ass ohio state players like Zeke and whoever that fukking bum receiver was that lost us the Jags game done sucked the fandom out of this team...I already forgot his name. :wow:

Has Jerry ever came out and said a player was drafted to high like he did Zeke :wow:

Martell on deck but I'll probably be face deep in some cheeks by the time the cowboys even pick