No hate but not one of rick ross GFID singles have enter the Billboard HOT100

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I think the So Sophisticated track is aite, but I knew it wasn't a hit the second I heard it. Same with the Usher song. I really don't see what Ross' gameplay is here. I think he doesn't realize he's not some sexy dude (no homo) chicks want to hear doing ballads; you ain't Drake homie. His bread and butter happen to be street anthems and club joints. So Sophisticated isn't that good of a street anthem, and he doesn't have his club record.

Ross has been making boss moves for so long it's weird seeing him fukk up here. Oh well, the album will be dope which is what matters to me most. I'd imagine image matters most to Ross tho, and if his singles are flopping that means the album might not sell well, which means his image takes a hit

Ross has never been as Hot as you guys make him out to be. He only has 2 songs that could be considered definitive hits outside of the internet. He has always been a barely going gold artist. I think it's safe to say 4 albums in that he has hit his pinacle and can only go down from here.

YourMumsRoom

Black Excellence
Daps
Reppin
Where I shouldn't be
A wierd paradigm this, think the 'bigger then he is' argument is right + valid, but thats not his fault, its his label job who should translate that hype to sales!

H.S.

All Star
Daps
For the first time Ross is reaching for a hit, rather than just putting out good music. These singles for GFID and Self Made 2 are horrible, and this is coming from a huge Ross fan. Ironically, Rich Forever was arguably the best album of the year and actually has a real hit record (Stay Schemin), and it sounded like he was just having fun.

He should go the Nas route and just focus on putting out powerful music rather than trying to sell records.

H.S.

All Star
Daps
I liked So Sophisticated, but it would have been one of the lesser tracks on Rich Forever.

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
Ross "coke tales" just might be too over the top for mainstream white folks ...who are the litmus test for making it into the Billboard charts...

alot of my white co workers whom are "rap fans" cringe when the subject or a song of Rick Ross comes on...they still not feeling the whole "Correctional Officer turned Coke Rapper" situation he has.

i think due to the fact that "THEY" (white rap fans) actually TAKE RAPPERS LITERALLY and WANT TO BELIEVE that they actually DO THE THINGS THEY RAP ABOUT...

they fail to realize IT'S ENTERTAINMENT....and that MOST RAPPERS regardless how HOOD they SOUND or LOOK are not really HOOD.

Daps
Reppin
Yeah
Ross "coke tales" just might be too over the top for mainstream white folks ...who are the litmus test for making it into the Billboard charts...

alot of my white co workers whom are "rap fans" cringe when the subject or a song of Rick Ross comes on...they still not feeling the whole "Correctional Officer turned Coke Rapper" situation he has.

i think due to the fact that "THEY" (white rap fans) actually TAKE RAPPERS LITERALLY and WANT TO BELIEVE that they actually DO THE THINGS THEY RAP ABOUT...

they fail to realize IT'S ENTERTAINMENT....and that MOST RAPPERS regardless how HOOD they SOUND or LOOK are not really HOOD.

If thats the case I think cacs are smart enough to realize that this shouldn't be acceptable within hip hop.

Fraud ass nikkas confusing these kids n shyt :rudy:

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
If thats the case I think cacs are smart enough to realize that this shouldn't be acceptable within hip hop.

Fraud ass nikkas confusing these kids n shyt :rudy:

fukk is you talking about mane.... :scusthov:

ARE U PLANNING TO COP "BRICKS" from ROSS???

ARE U PLANNING TO RIDE AROUND WITH THE CHOPPA IN THE CAR WITH ROSS???

NO...i don't think so :ld:

All your monkey ass can do is LISTEN TO THE MUSIC.....

it's ENTERTAINMENT.....nothing MORE nothing LESS

U ACT AS IF you are seeking to be ENLIGHTENED about CRIME by some fukking rappers....

pathetic..... :thumbsdown:

i thought WE SETTLED THIS ISSUE ON SOHH that YOU CAN'T TAKE THESE RAPPERS SERIOUSLY....... :deadhorse:

it's JUST MUSIC MANE...

he "THINKS HE'S BIG MEECH" that BOY I AIN'T TRYING TO BE BIG MEECH with the FOOTBALL NUMBERS STINT IN PRISON...

he is a CHARACTER portraying a ROLE on record....and ONCE YOU REALIZE that then maybe you won't be so :angry:

10:31

Superstar
Daps
I have a feeling he'll be alright

yup.. he's going gold

not to mention the album will probably be one for the ages... His label is also dropping two other albums this year

He may not have that 1... But his shyt is all over TV/Radio

DefJam/Warner won

10:31

Superstar
Daps
God Forgives, I Don't features Jay-Z, Prodigy, Nas, Drake, Usher & MMG

Its also features production from Just Blaze, Timbaland, Dr.Dre, Beat Billionaire, Justice League, Alchemist, and cardiac

Hes going to have hip hop heads eating good this summer, fall, and winter

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Ross is pretty popular, but He just don't have that big crossover hit like other rappers have.

DAT NICCA KELSO

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Foreman's Basement
images

:beli:

:myman:

Hair so red