The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
no smash
no metroid 4
no virtual console
no cloud saves
no non-gaming apps

direct had more cons than pros but that extra mario footage and bethesda reveals will hold the average fan over.

i'm cool with the direct. i like the extra zelda content. can't wait to download those amiibos

That's cool and all, but Nintendo clearly stated that this direct will showcase what's coming over the next few months. How can someone be dissapointed if they're told exactly what their getting?

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
I like how nintendo is moving slow with the releases.

I feel im enjoying the games I bought for longer periods

Like, when odyssey is out ill probably play the fukk outta that. Maybe cop the rabbit mario game, try one or two RPGs....

and Pokemon RPG, if its what i hope it will be, will probably eat a lot of time.

they will probably release smash once they really confirm that the switch is a success. A lot of the sales may just be hype...

I can guarantee the launch sales a damn near all hype. I followed the hype train for this thing while it was called NX. I believe it's different now. People are getting their feed from people who already have it, and know what the major selling point is. The convenience. Plus and certain games and exclusives of course.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
That's cool and all, but Nintendo clearly stated that this direct will showcase what's coming over the next few months. How can someone be dissapointed if they're told exactly what their getting?

He's only saying it because of some announcements like with the Bethesda games.

but realistically people know they're not getting those announcements right now. Reggie already stated Smash is a guarantee because it's with the games that sell the best any gen like MK Zelda and Mario announcing it right now when they could make it a block buster announcement for next year around E3 would better suit them so they can also throw in a same year release date as well.

They announced a new console version FE back in January and haven't spoke any further about it other than an article from one of the people working on it saying it's gonna look "stunning". We know when these games are gonna get their time and it's not gonna be this year.

Trust me, the same people wondering where the smash announcement is, will wonder why it isn't being released this year upon announcement, and then come E3 next year will wonder why it wasn't just announced then.

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
Will cop when the new MARIO drops

I'm pretty sure they'll have a bundled edition

Oct 27 :youngsabo:

dims

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
That Xenoblade 2 demonstration was not a good way to show the game off. The trailer looked great but the gameplay demo went on forever and the voice over couldn't have sounded more bored.
I cancelled my pre-order afterward :manny:

I cancelled my pre-order cause I had to switch to that piff Special Edition :wow:
The soundtrack alone was enough to get me to buy, let alone the "metal game case" (is Steelbook not making that?) and the artbook.

One other thing, DOOM is currently taking up close to 100GB on my XB1, how the fukk are they gonna fit this game on a cart?

To explain how they're getting around the space limitations, the physical version of Doom will feature only the campaign, with the online multiplayer being an optional download. The digital version will of course feature both single and multiplayer. Seems like everyone's on board with this cause nobody liked the Doom multiplayer and would rather just have the campaign. I think it should be priced as a budget title though for that reason.
Also, I didn't hear anything about gyro controls :francis:
That is something that would get me to double dip. OoT3D completely sold me on gyro for FPS. It feels incredible. Please, please include gyro id.

Bethesda actually being serious with the Switch is kinda crazy.:leon:

Meanwhile, fukking Capcom is acting like a little bytch.:stopitslime:

fukk Capcom for real. Every other platform getting Okami HD, where the fukk is the Switch version. Not only that, the game is half the price of that bullshyt ass SF II port.

Yes yes yes. Keep on dropping JRPGs :blessed:

16 bit era about to be upon us again :banderas:
That's obviously hyperbolic, well never see consistent quality like that again. The PS1 era came close but the genre has not been the same since.
Really hope that Dragon Quest XI on Switch can make day and date with the other localizations

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
^ I actually agree about the Xeno blade demo, it was too long and the narrator put you to sleep. But the game looks amazing and as a RPG looks to be a heavy hitter for fans of the genre

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Wolfenstein 2 is pretty positive news. Doom not so much because honestly chances are if you were interested in that game you'd have gotten it by now.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
no smash
no metroid 4
no virtual console
no cloud saves
no non-gaming apps

direct had more cons than pros but that extra mario footage and bethesda reveals will hold the average fan over.

i'm cool with the direct. i like the extra zelda content. can't wait to download those amiibos
MP4 was an unrealistic expectation from the jump. Nintendo is definitely going to put something like that in the pocket and wait till E3. While no VC announcement is a little frustrating to me, I gleaned more good than bad from the Direct.

Octopath Traveler looks dope. Wish I was able to play the demo :sadcam:

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Wolfenstein 2 is pretty positive news. Doom not so much because honestly chances are if you were interested in that game you'd have gotten it by now.
Doom is still big just to see how the game runs. If they can hit a locked 60fps with no drops then it's huge. Shows that Switch can run id tech 6 fine and puts my dream of Nintendo collaborating with Bethesda to have id develop Metroid Prime 4 one step closer (I know it's unrealistic, that's what a dream is)
But until we see it actually running :yeshrug:

bruh....my jaw dropped when i saw this. a mario colored switch is exactly what i was hoping for. red joy cons with the black is piff!:banderas:

i just hope there's not a shortage of these.

It's up for pre-order
https://t.co/RkIQC7ZVvd?amp=1