52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
i dropped my switch on concrete today. fell out pocket. big ass motherfukker

joycons scratched. i thought fuuuuckkk

then realized joycons are replaceable
It's too big to pocket IMO. I just leave it at home.
I also don't see how it would get scratched up as long as you insert it carefully lol
You do realize that we're talking about a stock accessory that comes with the system that can damage it and you almost sound like you're blaming the user for simply docking it like it's supposed to be instead of blaming the company that designed a dock that can and does scratch the screen if you don't baby the thing.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Just read that you can use a female to male USB C plug put it in the dock to extend it and you don't have to dock the switch anymore. I think I'll be doing that because I'd prefer to not have a screen protector since it won't leave the house.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I keep hearing that the right Joycon is uncomfortable in the way it's positioned. I am waiting to try it later on today or tomorrow to see if I am going to get the Pro Controller.

Sucks for me because I envisioned using this as a portable 100% of the time.

It's fine as a portable. What's weird is if you're used to the wiiu game pad the right analog stick is in the top corner whereas on the switch controller it's down low. Plenty of times I've went to switch the camera and ended up pushing x or why due to muscle memory. Thats about it though

It's too big to pocket IMO. I just leave it at home.

Your tripping breh. Ive kept the Joycons in my front left pocket with my phone and my switch screen in my right front pocket, went to the mall, the zoo, and family's Crib on Saturday and Sunday, plus dock when not in use at home and undock when I'm ready to play off tv.

The very first time I plugged it in after unboxing I was concerned cause it felt warm, today I played 6 hrs on TV undocked it to play while taking a shyt, no warmth. Redocked it and am all good.

My screen hasn't been scratched, it's not overheating, and I'm not having any joycon issues.

And I downloaded that stupid snipperclips and have let my family play the hell out of the demo. I hate that game - but then again working on a team like that ain't my cup of tea.

I am copping a screen protector cause I'm liable to scratch it up in my pocket. I did jam it in a pocket with 1 joycon a couple of times. You saw the CNET video, this thing doesn't have any design flaws it's people pushing it over, poking the screen with the Joycons and eating cartridges then complaining.

Supreme

King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC

giphy.gif