Nintendo Switch Has Been The US' Best-Selling Console For 30 Months In A Row

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
Nintendo Switch Has Been The US' Best-Selling Console For 30 Months In A Row

Nintendo Switch was the best-selling games console in the US in May, securing a 30th consecutive month (so that's two and a half years) at the top of the chart.

The news comes from NPD Group's Mat Piscatella, who confirms that Switch was "the best-selling hardware platform in both units and dollars during the month of May, as well as 2021 year-to-date." Stock issues for the PS5 and Xbox Series consoles have to be taken into account here, of course, but a 30-month streak at the top is a very strong achievement nonetheless.

The latest official global sales figures, shared by Nintendo back in May, show that Switch had sold 84.59 million units worldwide as of March 31st 2021. That number will naturally have risen quite substantially since then, moving the Switch ever closer to the Wii's mighty lifetime sales total of 101.63 million units.

Nintendo's best-selling console of all time, the Nintendo DS, ended up with a total of 154.02 million sales. Could the Switch go on to take the DS' crown?

[source twitter.com]

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
no surprise. their handhelds always do numbers

yeah, its prob the most genius idea in gaming from a financial standpoint. There are households that have 3 to 4 Nintendo’s now. No matter what no one will ever have a need to have multiple ps5’s or Xbox’s, at least not more than two.

you can’t even have two animal crossing saves on one device

Ski Mask

Friendzone: Collection 1
Daps
Reppin
Vegas/seattle
As a person who hated nintendo for years, I can't deny that I've been enjoying my switch. Being able to play rogue company, knockout city and smash on the go, is a game changer. If this shyt could play six siege, I wouldn't even get a ps5.