Nintendo: Switch 2? :mjtf: nah we need to make more Switches for 2K23

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
No BC means it’s either gonna be a big step up in visuals and performance or they finna try add another gimmick no one will care about and Sony will copy it years down the line.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
They def are not lol

But then again… a remastered Mario kart 8+? :patrice:
I think BC is likely, but them developing games for the Switch after the new Switch comes out? No. I believe once the new switch comes out everything will be exclusive to that specific version.

Lets be honest once the upscaled 4k version of TOTK that Nintendo will sell for $70, do you think casuals will want to use the OG copy of TOTK instead?

Also expecting Mario Kart 9 as a launch title

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I think BC is likely, but them developing games for the Switch after the new Switch comes out? No. I believe once the new switch comes out everything will be exclusive to that specific version.

Lets be honest once the upscaled 4k version of TOTK that Nintendo will sell for $70, do you think casuals will want to use the OG copy of TOTK instead?

Also expecting Mario Kart 9 as a launch title

I honestly don’t know anymore. Nintendo gonna do what they do at this point

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Nintendo will always be the official maker of electronic babysitters. Parents are gonna cop whatever they make to placate their kids. What made the Switch sales blow up was it became the default companion console, or side piece to gamers' PS5 or Xbox Series X. When the Switch 2 launches, it won't be the only handheld in town. Those PS5/Xbox owners looking for a secondary device, unlike parents and young gamers, will take a serious look at the Steam Deck and Ally as a secondary device. At $350, the Steam Deck is just so cheap given all the games it plays and backwards compatibility is never an issue. What you buy on Steam moves with you to your future PC based devices. Ultimately the Switch 2 will have great sales, but I'll bet dimes to dollars it does not repeat the success of the Switch 1.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Nintendo will always be the official maker of electronic babysitters. Parents are gonna cop whatever they make to placate their kids. What made the Switch sales blow up was it became the default companion console, or side piece to gamers' PS5 or Xbox Series X. When the Switch 2 launches, it won't be the only handheld in town. Those PS5/Xbox owners looking for a secondary device, unlike parents and young gamers, will take a serious look at the Steam Deck and Ally as a secondary device. At $350, the Steam Deck is just so cheap given all the games it plays and backwards compatibility is never an issue. What you buy on Steam moves with you to your future PC based devices. Ultimately the Switch 2 will have great sales, but I'll bet dimes to dollars it does not repeat the success of the Switch 1.

Nintendo will win because it will always have pokemon and mario kart

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Nintendo will win because it will always have pokemon and mario kart
My comment doesn't preclude Switch 2 outselling all other devices. I'm pretty confident it will. I just believe Switch 2 will sell less units than Switch 1.