Nintendo: Switch 2? :mjtf: nah we need to make more Switches for 2K23

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly Nintendo is going to ride this muthafukka until the wheels fall off. They are in a niche where they can do what the fukk they wanted to do. They’re not in the same lane as Sony and Microsoft. As long as they keep dropping games on it and exclusives it will sell. The fact that it’s still destroying series x and ps5 in sales while the tech is like a decade behind is phenominal. I think Nintendo has the successor ready and they would have launched it already if the switch wasn’t selling well. They not trying to kill this momentum.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft are not competing for the same market?
It’s a handheld they are apart of gaming but Nintendo isn’t a direct competitor to Sony and Microsoft because it’s a portable they are stationary consoles.

AKM-95

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Parts Unknown
The irony is one of the big mistakes they made going from the wii to Wii U was completely letting the hype for the Wii die out. They gonna do the same thing with the switch
I do agree with this but they seem to still have the casual market. My barber was talking-to me about how dope the switch is and dude hasn't played games regularly since the GameCube was out.

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
They could easily put out a switch 2 and have some of that that demand go towards it.
But it seems they afraid of repeating the same error they did from the Wii to the Wii U
Nah, I think they're shooting for toppling the Ps2 sales record as part of the setup to the Switch 2.

"The follow-up console to the best selling videogame console ever made, we present to you the Nintendo Super Switch. With complete backward compatibility with the Nintendo Switch game library. "

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
The irony is one of the big mistakes they made going from the wii to Wii U was completely letting the hype for the Wii die out. They gonna do the same thing with the switch
Not at all.

People must not remember what the latter Wii years looked like if they're saying Nintendo is repeating those mistakes.

Wii's 2009 was probably it's last decent year, barring the SMG 2 release in mid 2010.

After that it was crickets and tumbleweeds. Xenoblade came out in 2010 but limited release and did nothing but cultivate a small fanbase.

Switch though? Last year was pure bangers n they're starting this year off with a boom with Fire Emblem Engage(out now).

Plus there's gonna be a new Direct soon which will have a few sizable unknown titles to release later this year.

This is nothing like the Wii's twilight years.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Luigi's Mansion 3 still 59.99 :sadcam:
I mean Nintendo ain’t gonna drop prices of games.

it prob would drop between 40-45 when it goes on sale. There’s always those special case where you might see a Nintendo first party game go for $30 on a sale like recently with Pikmin 3 and Skyward Sword.

Honestly best bet is to buy Nintendo games at launch if you are looking forward to them cause it takes too damn long For them to reach $40-45 on sale range.

This is Nintendo philosophy. It’s either you accept or or don’t play with their stuff. (Of course there is also emulation. )

DaStangMan

Rookie
Bushed
Daps
Who plays Nintendo consoles for graphical horsepower? I don't blame them. The type of fun games they make the artistic style does fine with the graphics they have now. What you need an 8k Mario running around for?

The only benefit of getting into the horsepower arms race is so people could justify just having Nintendo as their only console but with it's price point it's a good spot to be the supplementary console to either a PS5 or Xbox series X. If you have a switch, Ps5, and a PC with a decent graphics card and gamepass subscription you have access to damn near every game.

However I'm talking if you are a 16 year old college student or 20 year old in college with lots of free time as an adult shoot I feel like I'm wasting time gaming for an hour a week.

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
Nah, I think they're shooting for toppling the Ps2 sales record as part of the setup to the Switch 2.

"The follow-up console to the best selling videogame console ever made, we present to you the Nintendo Super Switch. With complete backward compatibility with the Nintendo Switch game library. "
Sony wouldn’t have this problem is they didn’t stop producing systems just because it’s a new gen, especially when the new gen is not backwards compatible with it. :gucci:

And double especially when they refuse to make every PS2/3 game available on PS Plus :gucci:

There still is demand for brand new PS2s and 3s :unimpressed: