Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
They already did years ago
SMBSpecial.jpg

:wow:

I played both of these i think on school computers. The first was exactly as bad as it looked. I had played and beat it on nes so nobody at school was fukking with it, and we thought it was just broken or something.

mario teaches typing was better than that video looks. We LEGIT liked that game, and it was a very good tool to teach us how to type and type faster

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
They should. I wish Nintendo games weren't always a decade behind in tech.
I mean I stopped comparing them to Sony and Microsoft at the start of the PS4 gen. I just look at the Switch as a handheld and just a successor to the 3ds rather than the Wii U.

I never understand why people will only play the switch in docked mode only.:scusthov:

Outside of Xenoblade you barely get a much better resolution, but the game looks so much worse given the screen. Plus playing the switch on the bed or couch is comfy af :noah:

I mean you could just emulate the games if graphics are that important to you.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
they are always take the lead when it comes to new form factor, and basically how games are played. behind in specs, but always ahead in tech. for better or worse

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So its graphics over gameplay for you?
It's not one or the other though. You can have both as evidenced by many games out currently.

I'm not saying outdated tech can't produce fun games. A 60fps game in 4K>>>>>>>same game at 900p with sub 30fps.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
It's not one or the other though. You can have both as evidenced by many games out currently.

I mean, it ain't N64 quality

Anything PS3 Pro and above, at this point in history, is high end. All these extra graphics at this stage, could be a major distraction IMO

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I mean I stopped comparing them to Sony and Microsoft at the start of the PS4 gen. I just look at the Switch as a handheld and just a successor to the 3ds rather than the Wii U.

I never understand why people will only play the switch in docked mode only.:scusthov:

Outside of Xenoblade you barely get a much better resolution, but the game looks so much worse given the screen. Plus playing the switch on the bed or couch is comfy af :noah:

I mean you could just emulate the games if graphics are that important to you.
Some of us only play video games at home. Why not play on a TV in your own house? Why purposely choose a tiny screen? I mean do you lay in bed and watch Netflix on your cell phone when a TV is there?

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Some of us only play video games at home. Why not play on a TV in your own house? Why purposely choose a tiny screen? I mean do you lay in bed and watch Netflix on your cell phone when a TV is there?
Actually, I prefer watching shows on my laptop personally.

I have to be locked in when playing games, which is hard to do when playing on a TV unless you are literally in front of the tv. Playing Switch in portable mode allows me to do that in a much more comfortable position. Also, the screen size of the Switch is good enough compared to a phone. A better comparison would be comparing it to other tablets since the Switch is a tablet.

Also, this point has been brought up here constantly, but the switch looks bad on any 55+ inch tv. Very few new games actually get to be 1080P. More often enough they end up at 720P, which is kinda :francis: SMT V is another case where the game looked better as a handheld even on the OG Switch.

If the Switch was optimized for these modern TV's that would be a different story.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
They should. I wish Nintendo games weren't always a decade behind in tech.
No they shouldn’t. Nintendo is a company; they exist to make money. They would make way way less money as a third party dev.

Nintendo as a brand has transcended video games and is a Disney equivalent. There’s a Mario theme park in Osaka; an Orlando version is under construction right now. Universal’s producing a Mario Bros movie, Hot Topic is selling Zelda and Metroid t shirts, kids have Pokemon-themed birthday parties.

Nintendo will never go third-party.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No they shouldn’t. Nintendo is a company; they exist to make money. They would make way way less money as a third party dev.

Nintendo as a brand has transcended video games and is a Disney equivalent. There’s a Mario theme park in Osaka; an Orlando version is under construction right now. Universal’s producing a Mario Bros movie, Hot Topic is selling Zelda and Metroid t shirts, kids have Pokemon-themed birthday parties.

Nintendo will never go third-party.

:mjlol:

Disney bought mad shyt to get where they are today. Nintendo sitting around with their dikk in hand. Nintendo might be blockbuster video

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
They would make more money 3rd party. fukking Activision was worth the same as Nintendo with just game sales. Even if they don't want to go third party, they have to start releasing games on PC to maximize their profits.

If Nintendo ever decided to sell, they'd go for much more than 70 billion dollars my guy.

They wouldn't start listening to offers unless they were at around 150 or imo 200 billion.

The ips alone would justify if it doubled those numbers above.

Zelda. Mario. Pokemon. Animal Crossing. Fire Emblem. Pikmin. Donkey Kong. Splatoon. Kirby.

The thing that differs between Nintendo and nearly everyone else in the industry is that Nintendo artists/designers "GET" lines.

Mario with the hat, overalls and gloves + mustache.

Link with the green tunic and funny hat.

DK with the tie.

Olimari with the astronaut suit.

Inklings with the racc00n eyes and tentacles/hair.

You can monetize all this stuff because it's iconic, just off the silhouette.
In any others hands, all the above franchises would be multibillion dollar entities of their own.

It's due to Nintendo's scares with Sony in the 90s that they're so controlling of their ips.

That's changing now though.