Nintendo profit falls as Switch sales fade

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I’m not sure why anyone’s acting like this is bad news when nintendo is still posting the highest profits and have already sold 89 million console 4 years in. The fact is the pandemic boosted everyones software and subscription numbers and the 3 platform holders already predicted profits being lower this year due to that. There’s no more lockdowns (as of yet) so people aren’t playing as much. This is why I said gamepass numbers probably stagnated or dropped also

I’m not even a nintendo fan but I can tell yall not really reading the fiscal reports.

The switch will outsell the ps4 by the end of next year

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Yes Nintendo will be alright. I guess someone was just making note of staggering profits. Just waiting to see Metroid 5 outsell the entire prime series combined and wonder why Nintendo hasn't put the trilogy, fusion or any past games (minus the SNES) on switch to this day.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yes Nintendo will be alright. I guess someone was just making note of staggering profits. Just waiting to see Metroid 5 outsell the entire prime series combined and wonder why Nintendo hasn't put the trilogy, fusion or any past games (minus the SNES) on switch to this day.

People put too much stock in the online bubble clamoring for Metroid, the same with from games. Metroids highest selling game is prime which wasn’t even more than 3 million copies.

If the new Metroid sells 4 it’ll be a huge milestone for that series. Add the fact that its probably coming out at the end of switches life… Nintendo doesn’t give a shyt about Metroid when a mario port or sports game sell twice as much

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
I’m not sure why anyone’s acting like this is bad news when nintendo is still posting the highest profits and have already sold 89 million console 4 years in. The fact is the pandemic boosted everyones software and subscription numbers and the 3 platform holders already predicted profits being lower this year due to that. There’s no more lockdowns (as of yet) so people aren’t playing as much. This is why I said gamepass numbers probably stagnated or dropped also

I’m not even a nintendo fan but I can tell yall not really reading the fiscal reports.

The switch will outsell the ps4 by the end of next year

I'm saying.. Nintendo is doing fine

Legalese

Banned
Daps
They had huge momentum and didn’t really capitalize on it fully, then the lack of pro console to tide over the hardware enthusiasts

hotbeezie

Go Dawgzz!!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
I modded my Arcade1up cabinet to play the Nintendo Switch:blessed:

outside of that I don't really use it as much as I used to.

TheAnointedOne

Superstar
Daps
Whenever a negative Nintendo thread is made folks be coming out the woodwork and materializing out of thin air just to jump on the hate bandwagon. Dat subconscious hatred. Folks rarely talk about Nintendo here too. Here come the low IQ hyperbolic statements

"Nintendo is going the way of Sega"
"Nintendo is doomed"
"They should just make a high powered console like Sony/Microsoft" (3 is a crowded market and wouldn't work. It's better they make their own lane.)
"My switch has been collecting dust" (even though you made post in the Switch thread last week talking about playing a game)
__INSERT RANDOM NEGATIVE COMMENT THAT'S NOT TRUE__