Nintendo discontinuing 3DS and Wii U eShop access in 2023

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
They stopped making the 3DS so it's either buy one used or pay insane prices. When that eShop goes all the games prices will likely go insane.
I really wonder why they stop making certain systems especially when they dont ever truly go out of demand

I’d gladly drop $200 for a brand new PS2 or PS3

Pretty sure people would still buy SNES, Genesis, N64, Saturn, Dreamcast, GameCube, 360 and whatever else I left out and be willing to drop 2-300 for a brand new one of each. And prolly $50 on brand new games from each.
Nintendo games are the only ones I will always buy physical copies of. If you buy it digitally you are asking to lose your game in the long run.
I’m confused :dwillhuh:

I thought this meant u won’t be able to buy them anymore. This means you won’t even be able to play them if u already own them?

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I bought Rhythm Heaven Megamix as it seems like an Eshop exclusive and I love weird obscure Nintendo stuff. This is very fun.

Shame to see them shut this down. 3ds had a great library and a lot of sleepers. I'm sure they made a shytload more in the last week then they did in the last few years in that shop lol

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I just plugged up my Wii U and booted Xenoblade X. Surprisingly it still works. Many Wii Us are bricked.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
I bought Rhythm Heaven Megamix as it seems like an Eshop exclusive and I love weird obscure Nintendo stuff. This is very fun.

Shame to see them shut this down. 3ds had a great library and a lot of sleepers. I'm sure they made a shytload more in the last week then they did in the last few years in that shop lol

People might flame me for this but idc. 3DS/DS library is on par with snes. It's THAT good.