Nikkas In Their 30's Are The New Uncles

mag357

Superstar
Daps
Grilling out is some old nikka with a family type shyt...
We outside raiding them nikkaz bbqs

Some nikkaz are 30s-40s and are old... Some not

I can't tell if dude in the video is a young looking old person or an old looking young person

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Grilling out is some old nikka with a family type shyt...
We outside raiding them nikkaz bbqs

Some nikkaz are 30s-40s and are old... Some not

I can't tell if dude in the video is a young looking old person or an old looking young person

If you in your 30s or 40s "raiding BBQS" you a straight bum dawg. fukk that old young shyt.

Imagine punking brehs "grilling" bubba burgers and Hebrew nationals on one of these and think its a flex :mjlol:

1-ABS-Park-Grill-Feature-Photo-scaled.jpg

mag357

Superstar
Daps
If you in your 30s or 40s "raiding BBQS" you a straight bum dawg. fukk that old young shyt.

Imagine punking brehs "grilling" bubba burgers and Hebrew nationals on one of these and think its a flex :mjlol:

1-ABS-Park-Grill-Feature-Photo-scaled.jpg

Nah bro ... These family nikkaz and "UNC's" with the belly's want nikkaz to come thru and hang out.
Help them Get their minds off their nagging ass wives and nagging ass kids.

Ain't no reason for me to be sweating my ass off, grilling up a bunch of sht.
I can just cook in a kitchen in a cool house. Da fk lol

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Nah bro ... These family nikkaz and "UNC's" with the belly's want nikkaz to come thru and hang out.
Help them Get their minds off their nagging ass wives and nagging ass kids.

Ain't no reason for me to be sweating my ass off, grilling up a bunch of sht.
I can just cook in a kitchen in a cool house. Da fk lol

IDK man I haven't had that mentality of someone else's literal food as a come up since I was like 18 at best.....

thats the way u framed it at least......

2 be honest I have a hard time chilling at someone else's BBQ anyway...I always wanna take over....its like sitting shotgun in another mans whip.....it just gets me uncomfortable.

I'm supposed to be whipping the wheel.

mag357

Superstar
Daps
IDK man I haven't had that mentality of someone else's literal food as a come up since I was like 18 at best.....

thats the way u framed it at least......

2 be honest I have a hard time chilling at someone else's BBQ anyway...I always wanna take over....its like sitting shotgun in another mans whip.....it just gets me uncomfortable.

I'm supposed to be whipping the wheel.

Yea... They literally have comedy skits about old nikkaz wanting to be all up in another old nikkaz grilling space, trying to take over
I've seen the UNC's and pops huddling up round the grill giving tips and sht.
I'm laying in a chair, half drunk, waiting for the dawgs to get done
:lolbron:
Guess that's just the natural evolution of a man.
Start getting obsessed with grilling, the lawn and what the temperature setting is on the thermostat.
And making sure nobody touches the MFin thermostat
(I'm at that level)

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
I love lying to kids about shyt that never happened or shyt I wasn't apart of.

I'm in my early 30s and tell yutes "back in 01 shyt was crazy, w head this thing called Y2K that killed 1/8 of the earth. The internet was down for months"

"Man you should've been there for soul train, it was fire"

As soon as they take their phones out to do the math or Google shyt I die laughing

:mjlol:

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Too bad too many black people live in a perpetual state of second childhood, or else aging gracefully would be a good thing. I’m happy being mid 30s and getting older :ehh:

only in the black community are people in their 30s and 40s considered old. and we wonder why so many of us are living our second childhood.

it’s sad.

:francis:

What if your teens and 20s was extra lame with no parties or a bunch of hoes? I'm tryna make up them years B. Holla at me when I'm 45:russ::ufdup:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
People laugh but this is why a lot of culture shyt is going to die over the next few decades, especially for black people in my opinion.
:francis:

I think a lot of it will center on black men receding from family roles - not getting married, not attending family events consistently enough, not cooking, etc. As well as black women receding from family roles - not getting married, not cooking, etc. This is not a gender thing to me. We all likely grew up in homes where men and women in the family cooked something for cookouts and family holiday events. Everyone has had an uncle, cousin, grandfather etc who does the BBQ, or is the potato salad master, or makes the best rolls, etc. Just like we've all known an aunt, grandmother, cousin, etc who makes the best mac n cheese, fried chicken, etc. But with neither side's 30-40yos showing any imitative to carry on traditions what is gonna happen in a decade?

In a decade how many will be left who listen to Frankie Beverly & Maze, Kem, etc at cookouts. There seems to be a deliberate movement to erase culture and leave us constantly scrambling for the next new, regressive #content while old things disappear. I get the impression that southern black culture is maintaining but I'm not sure about the rest of us. I'm not from the south btw, but I have family members from Louisiana/Alabama/Texas who seem way more dedicated to cultural shyt than we do outside the south.