NieR Automata OT [PS4 | PC| XB1] NieRly had another exclusive

Hostile

All Star
Daps
Too bad I already have Gestalt. They might have to make some major upgrades in order for me to cop. Still great news.

Last edited:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Figured it was gonna happen with Automata doing very well :wow:

I'm all the way in :wow:

Hope it has some news songs too... one of the GOAT video game osts :wow:

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The prologue was great but so far I’m struggling to understand the fanfare. I finished the desert and the amusement park, when does the story/action pick up? It’s a snooze fest so far.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The prologue was great but so far I’m struggling to understand the fanfare. I finished the desert and the amusement park, when does the story/action pick up? It’s a snooze fest so far.

I’m noticing a pattern on this forum where dudes big everything up about a game except the actual gameplay (obviously not directed @ you)...one dude in another thread straight up admitted a game had mediocre gameplay but still dubbed the game a “classic” bcuz of the story which to me is bizarre...a great story should be the icing on the cake to me

but I agree...the story for this was very intriguing and I liked the score/music...the game does set up a nice atmosphere but all that shyt is frills to me absent of stellar gameplay...I found myself pushing on bcuz of the story but the gameplay was pretty mundane to me

idk...I think overall outside of the switch I was largely unimpressed w/ where gaming went this gen...PS4/XB1 just felt like an extension of PS3/360 w/ better graphics...that’s a discussion for another thread tho

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I’m noticing a pattern on this forum where dudes big everything up about a game except the actual gameplay (obviously not directed @ you)...one dude in another thread straight up admitted a game had mediocre gameplay but still dubbed the game a “classic” bcuz of the story which to me is bizarre...a great story should be the icing on the cake to me

but I agree...the story for this was very intriguing and I liked the score/music...the game does set up a nice atmosphere but all that shyt is frills to me absent of stellar gameplay...I found myself pushing on bcuz of the story but the gameplay was pretty mundane to me

idk...I think overall outside of the switch I was largely unimpressed w/ where gaming went this gen...PS4/XB1 just felt like an extension of PS3/360 w/ better graphics...that’s a discussion for another thread tho

Thanks for the honest review. I felt the hollowness the more I played. It sucks cuz I had high hopes for this but I guess I'll wipe it from my hard drive.

I'm on my switch heavy during distancing but I enjoyed my ps4 this gen. My xb1 is another story, it's bethesda status. I need a strong recommendation from someone I trust and it won't get day 1 benefit of the doubt.

As far as pushing boundaries the games seem to be all open world, sports or shooters. Next gen needs new genres.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
^^^ going off your last sentence...I don’t have a problem w/ the genres...just annoyed that many of the same limitations that existed w/in those genres last gen still exist this gen for the most part...shyt a lot of “open” world games seemed to actually take some steps back in lieu of better graphics...I am going to be even more critical of games next gen

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Whats wrong with the gameplay in this exactly?

to me there wasn’t enough of it.

Running between base camp and the desert with optional battles in between was boring.

Running from the amusement park to the robot city and back to base camp with no action was a chore.

Having to go back to drop of some oil was the final straw for me. All my encounters with the exception to the bosses were optional.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
Whats wrong with the gameplay in this exactly?
Nothing. Just pedestrian. Drankengard and Nier had weird and wonderful stories but janky gameplay.

Praise was given because the controls were not awful. The masterpiece of this game isn't the in the gameplay but the subversiveness of the story. Basically it starts off one way and it ends up the other way. But you have to endure a lot of stuff to get the other endings. Then you have to delete your data.

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
They are remaking the first nier. The stories are connected with Popola & Devolah, and Emil having a part of both stories
Considering the og nier is a pain in the ass to acquire and is seen as a little dated, this will make the full nier experience much more accessible
I'm here for it :win: